𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏

(warning a little dark)

"So your saying I had a panic attack and passed out?"

"Yes...Luckily someone found you in time and brought you here."

"And who is that someone?"

"They left unfortunately. All they said was   that when you wake up all you need to remember is the word 'stalker'. Weird huh?"

Dahlia closed her eyes and laid back down. Stalker? What on earth was that supposed to--

Looking back at tonight's party her eyes opened up wide as she whispered his name like he was Voldemort, who's name dared not be uttered.

"Tom Holland?"

Unknowingly a smile climbed its way up to her lips. Surprisingly a genuine one too. Maybe that dick wasn't a dick after all....

•~•

"Thank you"

The receptionist smiled at her as she departured from the hospital. Stepping outside, the bright sun attacked her eyes, visibly making her blind while she called a cab back home. During the whole ride, her thoughts never left her in solitary. Every passing second, his magnificent face would pop out like a freaking Jack-in-the-Box but this time, it wasn't scary. Rather it provided her a weird sense of comfort which she never experienced.

Maybe it was just her hallucination? Or maybe it was nothing at all. But a small part inside her brain voiced out to not let this matter go. But Dahlia being Dahlia, she soon erased him from her memories while throwing her useless body onto her bed.

Her bed was the only comfort she knew and needed. Sleepless nights were the least of her worries. Maybe to a 15 year old, it was worry some. But to a 23 year old? Life had more shit in store for her...

~

On the contrary, Dahlia was the only thing on Tom's mind. Day and night his conversations with her, the time where he found her screaming was all that swallowed his sanity. Questions provoked him. He wanted answers. He pondered how a silly girl-who he barely knew and spent 1 minute conversations with- captivated his thoughts. Something about her unquestionably interested him. He just didn't know what....

~

Dahlia awoke from her short nap while she stared blankly at the white wall. Ever since the so-called 'panic attack' it was like she turned into a walking zombie. Soulless and lifeless.

Her eyes were stormy just as though she had a thousand different thoughts cluttered over her head. In reality, she just had none. No memory. No vision. No nothing.

Her monotonous day continued...

Wake up, go to work, come back, sleep , rewind and repeat.

Dahlia never said anything as she was rather unaware of the changes around her. People who knew her called her "Callous Queen."

What a title....

Blake himself slowly disregarded her every chance he got though Dahlia never seemed to care. She was lost. Where exactly she didn't know.

But she was lost for sure. Whether in life or thoughts or reality....She just knew she needed help.

~

"Thank you for coming. You may all leave."

His mundane dull voice echoed as sleepy-eyed employers walked out chattering amongst themselves.

"Oh Tom will you just not be pathetic?"

Tom turned his head as he eyed his friend.

"Jacob please not in the mood for jokes."

"Sorry man...Listen I gotta go... I'll text you soon" With that he left, leaving Tom back with his old friend- misery.

The pain was excruciating enough to drive him to the edge. Not physical pain. Emotional ones. Nothing good ever came out of his life so maybe he should just end it. Maybe he should just say good-bye to the pain.

Maybe he just needs to get the hell outta this planet...This world ...

On that thought, he grabbed his phone before walking outside the building.

"I'll go on my own." His secretary nodded before handing him the car keys.

He had nothing on his mind. He just kept driving and driving to wherever the road took him. His eager to ease his pain forced him to step on the wheel even harder crossing speed limits. But he just didn't care.

~

A sudden brake on the wheels caused the car the abruptly stop while he stepped outside. The beautiful bridge opened out to a dazzling view of the city. Shimmering lights from the building brightened the night sky. Yet all he could see was black and grey. The shimmering lights were nothing but rays of unhappiness. Beneath him lay the river, which soon would be his last resting place.

Stepping onto the railing, he stood up facing the wide city view. The wind hustled through him as his vision got smaller and smaller.

Dangling one foot he took a step straight forward.....

hmp💝