𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Just as she stepped in, a wave of solace encompassed her as she carefully observed the huge mansion. Strange. She found it rather strange for a lonely guy like him in a big house.

"Are you thinking why I live in such a huge house?"

The sudden question left her dumbfounded as she slowly nodded to his question.

"I don't even know." he replied rather simply. Without questioning it further she looked at him expectantly but his eyes were far away from hers.

"So why are you here? And how did you find this location? You seriously are a stalker." he voiced out when light chuckles pervaded the room.

"It wasn't hard finding your company. So I just went down and asked for directions."

His iridescent eyes humoured her while the small smile remained distinguishable.

"And as for why I'm here. I came to apologise for my....unexpected attitude. That was rather demeaning for you and I do sincerely apologise."

Her eyes never left his profile as she tried scrutinizing his expressions. To her bewilderment, another but this time a more prominent smile came into sight as she silently thanked the angels above.

"It's alright. Though I must say, I was rather revolted by your behaviour. My apologies."

"No please, I deserve it. Its just....I was having the most unpleasant day and I had a lot of things in my head... Basically it was just a really shitty day and I might have took it out on you."

He regarded her while a throbbing pain on his hand caused him to bite his tongue. Unfortunately, this action didn't go unnoticed by Dahlia as her eyes flashed with worry.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry."

Unsure of his answer, she proceeded to make her way towards him as the purplish bruise came into sight.

"Oh god!" she exclaimed while quickly grasping his hand when a sudden yowl caused her to jump.

"It hurts dumbo!"

Mumbling her apologies, she rushed towards the sink while a befuddled Tom followed her around with an amused expression displayed on his face.

Carefully Dahlia started dabbing the wound with some ointment while softly blowing on it to ease the pain.

But what she didn't know was that her actions had a huge effect on the person right opposite to her as he had a rather difficult time composing his fluttering heart.

Her slight care towards him hit him with an emotion close to love.

With every cool blow, a sudden wave of heat rushed up to his cheeks although he anticipated for it to not be shown.

"There...much better." She flashed a quick smile before getting up only to be stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"Um..Thank you." he whispered as Dahlia patted his hand in response.

"And Tom maybe you are right." Dahlia spoke out of nowhere as he quickly turned his head back over to her.

"Maybe us meeting like this so often might mean something. I just don't know what." Her tone sensed curiosity mixed with excitement although the excitement was drowned out with fear.

He marvelled at the fact that for someone he knew barely, would care about him. Yet this thought left him somewhat anxious. For the first time, he ultimately found someone that gave atleast a shit about him. That feeling was rare and he nourished in it. What if it did come crashing down? Regarding her, he knew she was a closed book, unable to express herself completely. If he atleast got the satisfaction that he was a help to her like she was to him, he could gladly die in peace.

"Oh yeah...Maybe." He concluded before putting forth a hand.

"Let's restart? Maybe not as jerks to each other?"

A giggle transpired from her she gladly accepted the handshake.

This time, luckily, there was no battle about who would squeeze each other's hand the most.

However this time, something about that handshake left the both of them shimmering in hope.

Maybe life isn't so bad...

Hehe.....Soooo is Tom and Dahlia finally on good terms? Or will this all go sideways?

hmp💝