busted(34)

*UNEDITED*

"Yes, and she was all over the place" Zayd finishes and the boy's eyes stay wide.

"Anyway, our main point is..."

"Stay away from our daughter or so help me we will track you down in India and it will not end well wallahi" khausar cuts me off and we all glare drawing a rapid nod from him.

"Bissalam" we wave and he ends the call. Well, that was satisfying.

We turn to find Alina curled up and crying softly. "Hey..." Khausar tries but she glares. "Why do you always have to ruin every ounce of happiness I latch on to," she asks angrily "we were trying to protect you," zayd says "from what abba! From happiness? is that it. You want to protect me from being happy?" She sits up and we share a look "he's a teenager and..."

"And nothing! We talk on the phone, we chat, and that's it! He couldn't do anything to me if he tried! He's in India!" How naive is this girl?

"You don't see the possible..." Khausar starts but she cuts in once again "get out" we pause and look at her for a while "I said, get out" she yells and I see from the side of my eye that zayds stance has changed as she continues to yell.

"Shut your mouth!" He booms, clearly enraged "you will listen to me and listen well. We did what was best for you_" "by making miserable, how rich" "shut up! Whether or not you realize it, it was for your own good. I don't see how a boy from India is worth hiding. You could've even told khausar and it would have been ok,  at least wed know you are guided to an extent. I was hoping we'd let you off with only the embarrassment as your punishment but your attitude is asking for more than that and you have gotten what you wanted" they have a brief staring contest before he speaks again.

"No phone till the end of your break, no Tv for a week and you are on dish duty till further notice," he says sharply before walking out.

She stares into space without moving for a while before Khausar makes a move to talk to her "don't" Alina says "you should've stayed in Norwich" she mumbles before getting back into bed "Alina, don't say that" I say softly and she sniffs "this is all your fault" she mumbles and I sigh. I knew id appear as the bad cop no matter what.

I follow Khausar out after making some dua for Alina and grabbing her phone.

~

For the rest of the weekend, the air was tense. I know Alina would fix things with her mother, and has no grudge against Zayd tho he's still angry with her. I on the other hand have gracefully been receiving the cold shoulder.

It's Monday and we're seeing khausar off before going to work. She waves as she gets into her car and zooms off.

I'm dropping the three kids at Cara's, she said she was free and she is the only person j believe can handle Alina's attitude today so I was beyond elated.

Zayd kisses my head before going off with the last three. With a sigh, I start the short journey.

"Mami, when am I getting my own phone?" Ayaan asks and I open my mouth to reply but I'm rudely cut off "don't wish for a phone Ayaan, they'd just look for a way to extract your happiness from it" Alina grumbles but I choose to ignore her "you'll get a phone when you start secondary school, just like Alina" I tell him and he sighs.

"Don't act as if you're favoring me" she grumbles "I am being fair" I tell her and she squints "you're not if you were you wouldn't have called Ammi?" she says and I roll my eyes "what was our deal, Alina?" I asked and she huffs "i said you should break up with him and no one would hear a word about it, but no, you decided to act smart" I rave and she rolls her eyes.

"So you went through my phone? Invasion of privacy, How nice" she says and I briefly look at her.

"He texted you, the phone lit up, the text was right there," I tell her and she scoffs "oh well, I tried" I mumble as I pull into Cara's yard.

It seems as tho she was waiting outside of the house cause immediately after I parked the kids jumped out to go hug her.

"Hey, what's up," she says softly as she comes to hug me. I sigh and shake my head then squat to greet a shy Maya (her daughter).

"Hey baby" I call and she looks at me from behind Cara's legs "mowin Jenna ma" she mumbles and I give an encouraging smile then open my arm.

She looks at her mum's face to make sure she's not walking into a trap, after receiving a nod she slowly walks to me and I scoop her up. "That's my girl" I shower her with kisses and she gives a small smile.

She's just 3years old and cara seems to not have any intention to give her siblings anytime soon.

After the kids walk in I hug cara once more before going to work.

~

The day went by fast as if wanting me to suffer through Alina's tantrums as soon as possible.

Too bad life!

I told Zayd to pick them up whenever he's done with work. I hope I'm asleep by then.

I told Danny what to cook for dinner for my three babies, I picked them up from daycare instead of the other three.

"Mami. I want ice cream" Noor orders and I roll my eyes at her and head to the kitchen. "Noooo, I want coconut" she complains as the only ice cream we ever have at home is plain vanilla.

"It's either that or nothing baby," I tell her after grabbing a bowl and a scoop. With a huff, she grumbles fine and I chuckle.

I then grab the tub of ice cream from the freezer and put a single scoop into the bowl then handing it to her along with a spoon.

"Wife!" Dear lord, they're back already? I groan and sob as I walk into their sightlines.

They all hug me as they walk away.

"I wanted you to be back by bedtime" I complained and he cocks his head with a small smile, "I thought you'd be happy," he says and I pout. He kisses my head and then proceeds to go freshen up.

"Danny!"

"Yeah?"

"Cook more food please" I sigh and rub my hand down my face.

Dinner was quiet, as it has been for the past few days now. Salma just sleeps during this time, she does not like the tense atmosphere. I wish I was her, sleep my problems away.

"Abba" Alina calls and he clears his throat "aren't you supposed to help Danny with the dishes?" He counters and she bows then walks away. The only time she is not spoiled rotten by Zayd is when he's angry with her.

I nudge him and he shrugs at me.

The rest of the kids pile out of the dining room leaving only Fahima who asks me to come and help her with her memorization. She's almost done, she is a fast learner and will be graduating madrasa in a few months along with Ayaan.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask as she hands me the Quran and shows me a page in surah Ar-ra'ad.

"Go on" I encourage and she recites beautifully with only a few mistakes here and there.