birthday surprise(17)

*UNEDITED*

"Woah, Alison, what's going on" Zayd rushed into the bathroom as I was regurgitated my dinner into the toilet bowl.

"What does it look like Mr obvious" I snarl and he steps closer to me, helping with my hair, "sorry" he mumbles while rubbing my back.

"Did you eat something bad?" He asked after I've rinsed my mouth "I ate the same food as you dummy" I tell him and he nods "let's just hope I'm not pregnant" I mumble and he pulls me back "why is that a bad thing?"

"You have a 5-year-old daughter who is a handful and acts like a baby, I don't need an actual baby to cope with along with her," I say and start to perform wudu. He pouts but does the same as me.

"Will you stop pouting, I didn't say I don't want children at all" I shove him a little and he nods. "I'll get a syringe" he grumbles and I gape.

"For what?!" I exclaim and he frowns a little "test"

"Can't we get like a pregnancy kit or something?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Yeah, but you might be sick. So no". "No" I grab him

"What do you mean no, you just vomited" he ponders and I cling to his arm "fine" I grumbled

"You have to let go of me" I slowly let him go and he walks to the cabinet and bring out a new syringe.

I back away from him and gulp.

"Alright, sit" he orders and I squint at him not moving a muscle "God, you're more stubborn than Cara" he grumbles coming closer and gently grabbing my arm and pulling me to the bedroom and sitting me on the bed then kneeling in front of me.

I slightly start shaking and he looks at me with worry in his eyes and I sigh.

"I'm afraid. Sorry, petrified of needles" I look away from him and he cocks his head.

He turns me to face him. "Why didn't you tell me, I almost had a mini heart attack cause of how you were shaking!" He deadpans and I give a weak smile.

"I'll be quick love, I promise. You'll barely feel it" he tries and I hesitantly give him my arm.

He kisses the spot before gently rubbing a cotton ball doused in alcohol on it.

"HasbunAllahu-wa-ni'malwakim" I shriek as the needle goes in.

Shortly after he pulls out the needle and places the cotton ball on the spot and applies Little pressure.

He goes off to preserve the blood or something then comes back with a chocolate bar.

I snatch it from him and devour it, "you're welcome, scardy cat" he mumbles but I ignore him.

When I'm done I throw the wrapper away and lay down.

It's just 4:20 AM so I decide to wait for the adhan to be called.

Zayd lays beside me and cradles me to his chest. I sigh

"How long have you been afraid of needles," he asks in wonder and I lightly slap his chest "come on, tell me"

"Since I was born" I grumble and I just know he rolled his eyes but leaves it. "I was 5" he hums and I continue "it was supposed to be a routine shot, cause I had the flu, I never had a problem with getting shots, but it had to be from a specific doctor. Doc. Layla"

"I know her, she taught me the basics, a nice lady, still not that old," he says and I nod "she was just 23 when I use to see her so probably 41 by now. Anyway, she wasn't around so I had to see another doctor. It took a lot to convince me she knew what she was doing. She was a med student, very anxious at that"

"Oooh, not good"

"She pierced my arm but ended up going deeper than she was supposed to so I immediately jerked from the pain and the needle dented. In my flesh. The whole ordeal of trying to get it out of me while I was shaking and getting me to stay put for the shot again a few minutes after didn't leave a good impression on me. I refused to go to the hospital again. Doc Layla always came to our house if not id hide the fact that I was sick to the point id have to be rushed to the hospital, and even if I went id make a scene"

"I'm sorry you had to go through that love"

"Well, I didn't relive it now so I'm good," I tell him and he rubs my back. A few minutes later the adhan is called and we get up to pray.

~

"Zayd?, why are you calling now, you could've come home," I say holding the phone to my ear as I mop the floors "you didn't go to work?" He asks faking confusion and I squint "oh stop it, Noah called and told me you sent him an email saying I was sick so he gave me two days off" I grumble over the phone

"You're welcome" I groan "for a lady who has the day off, you aren't that happy," he says, "you think!"

He sighs, "I'll be home soon, I need to talk to you, your test results, I'll just come home," he says and I nod "fine" I push my hair back with a sigh, "be safe" I mumble and I hear him chuckle "sure Alice" I keep my phone and focus on decorating the house for Alinas birthday today. Yes, it's today.

"Woooow!, it looks beautiful Mami" she exclaims as she comes into the house. Just got back from school, the driver must have picked her up.

"Well that's a wonderful way to greet" I scold "Assalam Mami" she mumbles and I nod."ma'assalam. Now, why don't we make the house even prettier, you just have to go and change" I tell her with a small smile and she nods going up the stairs less enthusiastic than when she came into the house.

Just the Zayd pulls in and comes straight towards me, "Alina back?" He asked looking around and I nod "she just went upstairs" I inform and he constantly keeps looking back at the hallway. "You're scaring me zayd, what happened," I tell him as I drop everything and give him my full attention

"Um, your test, it's really great, but I don't know how you'll take it, I don't want you to freak or something like that" he rambles and I grab his shoulders and shake him. "Just tell me, I know for sure that I'm not dying, you said it's great news"

I give him room and he swallows hard then lets out a breath, my God, he looks like he ran a marathon.

"You're pregnant," he says finally"you see that wasn't-". I gape at him "I'm what!"

"Pregnant"

"You're pregnant?" I hear a small voice as she comes from behind the door which stops my mindless pacing "were you eavesdropping?"

"That's not the point, she's pregnant!" She yells then storms off.

Ya ilahi!

***

Assalam my lovelies, hope y'all are doing well and ooh the wonderful news.

Alina, baby, dramaaa!

I'll make the next chapter a little juicy.

But till then, byeeeeee.