(2)

Assalam mi lovelies, hawar y'all doing, I'm guessing great anyone who's not... Well, may you see the end of your troubles inshaAllah.

Here's chapter 2!

*EDITED*

"Mum, I'll be going now," I tell her and she smiles at me, "have you greeted your stepmom," she asks and I nod. My mum and Zahra ma never show any difference between themselves and their kids, although they disagree sometimes, a lot of times, it's often resolved between the two.

"Bye mum," I tell her and she nods "later beta" she replies with a wave of the hand and continues on her phone notifying me I'm dismissed. Welp, it basically means that she isn't listening anymore.

I and my mum aren't too close, as y'all might have noticed, in fact, she isn't close to any of her children. She believes being too close to kids breeds disrespect which only happens if the parent doesn't set boundaries but she of course refuses to see it that way.

I decided to skip work today so I can talk with Zayd based on our talk yesterday.

"Assalam Alice" he greets and I roll my eyes "that's not my name," I tell him and he pouts "I'll say it either way," he tells me stubbornly "fine. Wa'assalam" I finally return his greeting as there is no use arguing with him.

"So, Alina Zayd Khalid. When am I meeting her" I ask sitting down on the seat he pulled out for me in the small breakfast diner, you'd think a well-known cardiologist wouldn't skip work much. "Today," he says simply and I raise my head from the menu.

"Ha, I'm sorry I thought you said today," I ask before going back to the menu, my ears must have deceived me "yes, today" he repeats and my mouth hangs ajar.

"What!" I screech "yeah, Alina is home today and I told her she has a guest visiting and she is very eager. Besides, I have work to attend to during the weekend and I couldn't make her miss school any other day" he elaborates and I take in a breath.

"Can I get you anything miss" a waiter stands over us and I nod slowly and show him what to get us without taking my eyes off Zayd "I'll be right back" he says and I nod absentmindedly

"Sure" I reply to Zayd and he beams, we'll go after breakfast, I have an appointment by 2, I'll leave you with her, and I promise I won't take long," he says the last part in a comforting way but his words manage to make me more anxious.

I don't get why I'm so freaked out about meeting a 5-year-old!

I force a smile and he nods, just then the waiter comes back with our food. We eat in comfortable silence.

He pays the bill when we're done and we enter his car so he drives us to his house.

I've never been here before, mostly cause we aren't allowed to meet in private, so I normally visit him at his parent's house.

His house is fairly large, I awe as we pass by the short driveway and the gate, he has a wide front lawn decorated with all sorts of beautiful flowers, enough for you to think it's a garden.

We drop and he leads me into the house "Abba, Abba, Abba!" A child who may I add looks nothing like him comes running and crashes into his crouched figure landing them on the tiled floor

"Ah, Alina, you becoming so strong," he says and she giggles, "aunty Maryam says I'm also becoming heavy" she pouts and he pokes her nose.

He then picks her up after standing "well, you're not too heavy for your Abba, so everything is fine" he tells her then throws her into the air to prove his point.

She clings to him giggling. Oh my God, three things I realized this second, 1- she's a daddy's girl, 2- she's looking right at me, and 3- this won't end well, at all!

"Abba" she calls and I gulp whilst he hums in acknowledgment "a lady is standing behind you," she says her eyes never leaving mine.

"I know baby, she's uh, my fiancée," he tells her slowly setting her on her feet.

"Doesn't that mean you're engaged?" she asks and he nods then crouches down to her height "we're gonna get married in two months baby" he says in a calming tone "but that's not fair to mum" she complains, oh boy.

She loves her mum

Well, you imbecile, thank you for stating the obvious!

You're not helping!

"I know beta, but you need a mother, and I need a wife" he tries and she shakes her head, "my mum is still alive, I don't need or want another mother" she complains "Alina, won't you listen to me" he tries again but she moves away from him then takes off running.

"Alina. ugh. Maryam!, please fetch her" he calls and I sigh, I did say this won't end well, it is not even starting well.

"I'll follow her" I grumble and head in the direction I think she went.

"Assalam" I greet the lady standing and she smiles softly "I'm Maryam, her Nanny, she's in the room" she informs and I nod "Alina, open the door *silence* Alina, I'm serious open this door, *sigh*. I guess you won't get ice cream later" I try and I hear a creak after my frantic knocking.

"I'll listen to you" she complies in her Small voice and I nod "well, my name is Alison" I start and she cocks her head "isn't that an English name?" She asks and I nod

"Thats beside the point, anyways, I and you father plan to get married in 2 months, we've been together for 8 months now, we can't wait any longer" I explain and she looks at me disinterested "so to sum it all up you want to steal my Abba from me," she says lowly and I raise my brows, well I expected her to insinuate not to be this straight forward but oh well.

"No" I state, I have no idea what else to tell her "OK, so you wanna take my amma's place. She's not dead you know" she states blatantly and I groan.

Ya Allah!

~

Hello my lovelies, hawar y'all doing

I've dropped another chapter, longer than the last, I assure you it'll be that way till the end.

How'd you enjoy the chapter, any issues? let me know

The next chapter is loading, so...

Read on

Oooooh, also vote

Byeeeeeeeeeeee.