A day to nikkah (9)

*UNEDITED*

"sis. Please stay still. I can't apply your henna if you keep moving about" Ihsan groans and I sigh. It's my henna ceremony and unfortunately, I'm not being very compliant. I've been moving about. Tasting the cake, making sure the decor is to my taste and just any other thing that I'm not to be doing as the bride.

"I'm sorry" I sit still so she can finish my feet and Zahra ma does my arms. My mom is just barking orders around. I wish for her to be doing my henna but oh well.

My elder sister, Habeeba who flew in from Wales yesterday with her child, Amjad, is currently using a broomstick ( where ever she got it from) to make my henna prettier. I don't believe it tho, to me, it just looks like she's ruining it and tickling me in the process.

Anyway now it's done.

Our relatives and friends fill the house yet again. My two friends fatiyya and fadila along with my favorite cousin Jiddah come to me, dragging Adam (my younger brother) who has a camera with them.

"picture time," fatiyya says and I gape,  "no way, not like this," I say about my attire "what's wrong with it," Adam says faking confusion.

"I look like a homeless chimp with shaved arms and legs that are covered in henna" I complain and he cocks his head "you look the same as always Ali," Adam says in mocking and I gasp

"you look fine Alison, no shut up so he can take our picture and leave," Jiddah says and I sigh.

They gather around me and he takes multiple pictures then walks away with a small smile.

"I'm not happy" I state and they laugh "sure you are. You're gonna be Mrs. Zayd Uthman," fatiyya says and I roll my eyes "oh my,  she rolled her eyes,  I better tell ya Zayd that his bride has second thoughts" fadila teases trying to grab my phone.

"fadila, I will make sure to slap my henna onto your face if you don't mind yourself" I threaten and she backs away in mock surrender.

We sit for two hours till my henna is finally dry. Habeeba brings a tub of water with a small scrub and I dip my feet in first.

Mom pushes her away when she's about to start washing my feet. "let me do it. I'm her mom, after all, let me be a part of her ceremony" she says looking at me and a lone tear escapes my eye.

She washes off the henna and towels it dry.

"you're so beautiful my child," she says then hugs me tightly. I don't remember when last she gave me such a lasting hug.

"I love you mum"

"I love you too Jenna," she says then pulls away sensing my confusion "it's your Arabic name, your dad insisted" she informs and I smile

Jenna Sa'id Rabi'

Sounds nice

"stay blessed beta," she says while stroking my cheek, I bob my head and she walks away.

She has put a permanent smile on my face.

People come around and compliment me on my henna.

Music is sounded through the house and all of us dance around for a while till people start to retire to their various homes.

I rush to my room and pray then I give thanks to Allah and cry my heart out to him,  in joy, of course, then I throw myself on the bed.

"your food Ya Ali" Asma' come in and I smile and thank her.

"your body care lady is here by the way" I groan with the food in my mouth.

I don't know what to call the woman's occupation  (AN; slipped my mind 😁) so let's go with what she called her.

"Send her up," I say and she nods while I stuff my face.

The lady comes mornings and evenings.

My skin has never been more radiant and soft.

I try to shove as much food down my throat but that doesn't go as planned, I choke helplessly on the food,  I bet I look horrible.

Hannah (the skincare lady)  quickly rushes in and hands me a cup of water.

I regain composure and she sighs in relief

I immediately start to eat again after thanking her.  I'm hungry.

She sits patiently, waiting for me to finish my food and I do in due time.

"finally" she yells in exasperation, I guess she wasn't that patient.

"I've run a bath for you,  so soak for thirty minutes and use this soap" she instructs and I frown "you gave a different soap yesterday" I complain and she nods "I'm aware. So hurry up," she says and pushes me in.

I do as she says and hurry out. She massages my scalp with some types of oils then puts a bonnet on my head.

"Now eat this" she hands me an egg salad and I raise a brow. "To help you digest the unhealthy meal you just had, or you'll just pimples that I don't want to take care of," she says and I gape "I never got pimples from what I ate" I complain and she stares at me. I huff and eat the salad. "Have a lovely night's rest you stubborn bride" she says and grabs her bag and I grumble as she leaves.

I grab my phone and face time Zayd.

"How eager is my lovely wife to see me that she couldn't wait till our nikkah" he teases immediately as the call connects. "Don't make me regret this zayd" I warn he sighs "why can you be shy for once, I was only teasing" he complains and I huff. "Who annoyed you huh," he asked eyeing. "Hannah was rude today is all, she just left actually" I inform and he nods slowly "well I'm sorry about that love. But you chose her," he said simply and I shake my head "no, I did not hire her, ya Habeeba did" he laughed lightly which made me glare. "I'm sorry love, but, you deserve it," he said trying to contain his laughter "what!!" "I'm mean, uh, I meant, she's good for you love " he scratched the back of his head and I squint. "Okay, good night". " what. Ok, but don't change your mind about marrying me because of this" he warns and I playfully glare. "You never know, I just might," I say then end the call. He texts me almost immediately and I smile as we continue to text till I eventually fall asleep.

Good day my lovely lovelies. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and stay alert as the next chapter is going to be published not long from now. Bis'salam.