step-mothers-day (30)

*UNEDITED*

4_years_timeskip.

It's been a long four years, I had my last two children, yes two more children, I'm not having any more, I made that very clear to Zayd.

The two additions are Zayn who I was pregnant with last you heard and Salma who is just about a year and a half old.

Alina opened up more from the day at the ice cream shop, she became her usual self.

Sassy little daddy's girl. What I call a 'brat'.

She's 16 now and very full of herself, getting her through her teen years has been a hassle, tho I believe it was because I was pregnant and caring for a child half the time.

Our relationship is basically the same, with her being a teen and all, it's very rare for us to be on the same page so there are a lot of misunderstandings.

She has demanded that during the weekends she stay at either my parents' house or zayds. It's often not carried out tho but still.

Her relationship with Ayaan is on and off, they never took to each other in the first place so it doesn't really surprise me. She has grown to love Zayn tho, and unlike Noor, I don't think it's cause he's a baby.

We got Ayaan glasses after that day cause of the girl, and also he did need them. The girl no longer picked on him, tho I have a feeling it's because of the little beating she got.

Zayd is a lot busier these days, tho he clears his schedule on weekends, he's rarely at home when the rest of us are.

There's never a dull moment in the house tho and I've tried to not bury my nose in work cause I have a battalion to look after so life is good.

The kids are on holiday so It's been a hassle.

Zayd helps where possible, for instance, he takes Salma, zayn, and noor with him to the hospital cause they have daycare there and it's very secure. He has forgotten to pick them up twice tho but it's all good.

Fahima usually busies herself with madrasa work and haddah so she's rarely one to worry about, yes she insisted on doing both at once, I usually bring her to work with me.

Leaving Alina and Ayaan all alone, at home, never was one of my favorite things to do. I would get Cara to watch them but she's married now so I can't pull her away from her own responsibilities.

~

"Alina, just make noodles for both of you," I tell her over the phone "but I don't want noodles, I want to order a pizza" she complains "it's either you make noodles or don't eat at all," I tell her and she groans "I'll call abba," she says and I roll my eyes "remind me when that has ever worked Alina" with a sigh she cuts the call and I rub my hand down my face. Well, that was a very frustrating phone call.

"Mami?" Fahima calls and I look up "yes baby?" I reply "I'm getting hungry" I check my phone and luckily it's almost time for my lunch break, no one would notice if I took an early break.

"Come," I tell her grabbing my purse and phone. "What would you like," I ask so I would know where I'm taking us. "Chips would do" I nod and grab her hand, we cross the street and walk to a diner.

I order for us both and pay then we have our seats. "Look" she hands me her tablet and I look at what she has. She hands me an earbud and I put it in my ear and listen to the video.

It's all my kids, I don't even know when they took this, they've never been all alone.

"After a short song and them finally composing themselves they yell  "happy mothers day, we love you Mami!" Oh my, ya ilahi!

She should've shown me in the office.

I'm basically tears

I love my babies, my God.

Fahima wipes my face and she kisses me on the cheek which I return.

"I love you too baby" I mumble and she beams.

"What's wrong?" A waitress asks and I shrug "nothing, I just have wonderful kids" I tell her, and she gives a confused smile but walks away.

~

When we got home I gave Alina and Ayaan kisses too before starting dinner.

I basically made a feast due to my uplifted mood. Today zayd came back earlier than expected. Usually, he tells his driver to bring back the kids only.

He gives me a kiss and a bear hug then helps me serve dinner along with Alina.

She and Ayaan usually cook but as I said, I am really happy.

They all wish me a happy mothers day except Alina. "Happy step-mothers day," she said instead, tho I was lucky enough to get her to say anything, it still brought tears to my eyes, not happy tears either.

She still doesn't consider me her mother, even enough to wish me a proper mothers day.

The kids clean up while Zayd and I pick a movie for all of us to watch.

Soon enough all the kids are gathered around watching cornrows ( completely made that up). It's about a black lady detective whose signature hairstyle is 5 cornrows, you know how SpongeBob's last name is basically the shape of his pants, yeah that's her situation basically.

One after the other, the kids start falling asleep and as they do it was my responsibility to take them to bed. I wasn't really invested in the movie anyway so it wasn't a problem.

I took Salma and zayn first. Then, Noor who was fighting away the sleep, she did end up sleeping almost immediately she hit the pillow, blew some dua on her, and left. Fahima took some time before falling asleep, but she eventually did and boy was she a heavy child to take to bed.

I sit and watch the rest of the movie along with Zayd, refusing to carry Ayaan and Alina. When the movie ends Zays carries them with little effort, I don't get his strength most times.

He's at work most of the time and when he's back he's asleep or attending to the kids. I don't see where he has time to work out, it shows on his body that he doesn't, he has grown into a comfortable dad body which suits him very well if j might add, but he's still freakishly strong. Someone explain how that is possible, please.

Anyway, I turn off the television and rearrange the living room before going to check on the kids one last time.

Surprisingly, I find Alina awake and on the phone, it's 11:30 pm, who could she be talking to "Alina?"