emotion burst (23)

*UNEDITED*

"But, Zahra ma, it's too soon" I whine and she laughs at me. "It's alright beta, you can always bring them here for a time of" I sigh at her words. "But ma!"

"I've heard enough" she walks away and I huff "mum!" I try and she holds up her palm "he did this to you, not me, go complain to him" she shoos and I gasp, "you chase me" I accuse "ain't the first time" she grumbles tapping away on her phone.

"Mami, I hungie" I sigh and mum puts her phone away "come with gammy princess, I'll give you some delicious mac and cheese. You'll love it" Noor pads over to her and she picks her up then showers her with kisses. "Let's gooo" she throws her on her shoulder and walks out with noor giggling.

Mum is going to have a great relationship with her grandchildren, one she never had with me. I can't say I'm not jealous but I am very happy.

"Oh no, why are you crying" Ya habeeba comes in and I shake my head "what, no. I'm... I'm not crying. Ya beeba?, when did you get here?" I babble confused then touch my face and realize I am in fact crying. When did that happen?

"I came home for a little holiday, but tell me, why are you crying," she asks worried and I sniff. "Oh, it's nothing, I just loved the bond between mum and Noor, all my children actually. I didn't... realize I was crying" I sniff and she gives a sad smile "oh my sweetheart" she pulls me in for a hug.

"I don't know why it hurts tho"

"You wish you had the same bond with her, it's only normal. She was all over Amjad the first time I came with him. I barely got to see my own son, and with Amina, and with the Twins, it was all the same" she explains and I chuckle lightly "but that's not fair, don't you think"

"You learn to live with it, look at it this way, your children get to have a loving grandmother, even though you didn't get to have such as her child" I nod at her and she smiles. "Now, enough of all this, your nieces and nephew are looking forward to seeing you" she tries and I smile

"But before that, guess what"

"I'm terrible at this, you know that, just tell me"

"I'm pregnant"

"What?!" I'm not sure if she's happy or not, or just shocked

"That's.....soon?. I mean wonderful! But kinda soon" she says unsure. Oh, zayd is dead.

"I'm gonna kill him" I mumble with my eyes closed. "You will do no such thing. A child is a child, it's a blessing, accept it, you're a superb mother, what's one more child" she tries "ya beeba, one more child, is one more child, unless you wanna take them off my hands once in a while"

"I've got four" she deadpans and I smirk "you're a superb mother, what's four more children" I taunt and she glares at me.

I laugh at her a little.

"Where are my babies" I question and they run in. Amjad is now 7, Amina is 5 and the twins are 2.

I try to hug them all at once but it's not physically possible.

"Jenna ma" they exclaim and I giggle

"My babies, how are you all" I question and they all tell me what is going on in their little lives.

I love them like my own. I didn't even realize ya Habeeb's absence.

My children walk in and proceed to play with their cousins.

Alina sits beside me and I pull her to my side, "why were you crying Mami" she whispers and I shake my head "I wasn't"

"That's a lie"

I sigh

"I just, I love my mother and I love you guys, but, my mother, loves and cares for you guys more than she did me when I was your age, I was just emotional theys all" she hugs my side. "Go on"

"I just wanted to have a loving mother. Like I know I have Zahra ma, but nothing beats your biological mother's love. You might be showered with immense love from everyone but, once your mother's love isn't there, every other type of love you get is of no use.

You're lucky Alina, you've got both, my love, and your mother's love, you don't lack.

I give all of you my love and affection so you never grow up to feel how I do, I know she loves me in her own way, but I also like affection" I sniff and she holds me tighter.

"You are a wonderful mother, Mami"

"Thank you, sweetie"

"I know that's not what you want right now but..."

"It's all I need" the other kids surround me and ask why I'm crying, they wipe my face and tickle me to get me to cheer up which works eventually.

Damn pregnancy hormones.

"Dinner!" Zahra ma's voice sounds through the house and I usher the children out and to the dining room.

It's way too small with all the children so Abba looks for a big tarp and spreads it on the living room floor for them to sit.

"So my Family's yearly cookout is next weekend, I wanted all of you to join," says Zayd and I raise a brow.

6 years ago I remember him proposing to invite my family for the cookout, but he never did, I thought he didn't want them to come at all.

"We'd love that, thank you for the invite beta," says Zahra ma, and the others nod in agreement.

"Great, id let my father know that you all agreed," he says and they nod.

I pull him near me "I thought you didn't have the guts" I tease and he rolls his eyes "you wound me wifey" he mocks and I lightly laugh then pull away.

"How's work beta," abba asks and I sigh "slow Abba, reading is really hard when you're not given peace," I tell him and he nods in understanding. "You can leave the kids here for the week so you can catch up on all you've missed. Then they'd go home with you after the cookout" he suggests and I think about it.

Before I reply zayd already gave the answer "sure Abba, we'd love that, thank you" he says and I squint at him. "But..." "It's settled, you'll bring their clothes tomorrow, bright and early," abba says with a raised brow in my direction and I sigh in defeat. "Fine"

Pretty soon it's time to go and I have to say goodbye to my babies.
There all hug me and I shower them with kisses. They'll be staying in my old room. The queen-sized bed is more than enough for them. Noor would be sleeping with Ihsan so she doesn't get squished.

With a heavy heart, I walk out the door