(3)

*EDITED*

Oh my God, this girl!

"That's not what I want to do Alina," I exasperate while rubbing my hand down my face and she nods in a manner that clearly says she thinks I'm talking rubbish, "why can't you just accept it, we can't change anything now"

"You're not her!" She yells at me and I blink at her "I'm not trying to be" I groan out. I really regret following her "but you're marrying my father!" She yells yet again and I rub my forehead as a headache slowly forms.

"That doesn't prove anything Alina!, it doesn't, I'm me, Alison Sa'id Rabi', not your mum, whatever her name is, and I'm not trying to be her, I'm marrying your father cause I love him and I can't love you if you keep being a brat" I scold then grab her shoulders and crouch in front of her.

"Khausar," she says and I blink then blink a few more times, "what?" I ask "my mum's name," she says softly and I slowly nod in understanding "that's a beautiful name," I tell her and she gives a small smile "you don't love me?" She asks and I cock my head

What a ridiculous question

Alice, she's a child

She's a brat

She's going to be your step daughter. Change your attitude

I don't have an attitude!

Stop making excuses!

Ugh!

"I will learn to love you, Alina. But, only if you stop being a brat" I tell her after a while, she then nods and I smile, glad to see we're getting somewhere.

"Do you expect me to call you Ammi when you get married to my dad?" Where did that even... "no, well you can call me Amma, umma, ummi, Mami, ma, momma, or mum" I tell her as she nods along "can I use all of them?" She asks clearly not being able to choose "sure, whatever floats your boat," I stroke her cheek and she nods.

I stand to my full height and put out my hand "Now, let go find Abba, then we'll go for the ice cream I promised" she beams and eagerly grabs my hand.

"Abba!" She calls and then runs over to him when he's in sight. He smiles worriedly at me and I nod in reply cause he practically asked if everything went well with the soft smile.

"Mami said we're going for ice cream," she tells him and he smiles at her "Mami?" He asks a little surprised as to why she'd refer to me as that. "Yes, well I haven't decided" she babbles with a finger under her chin to emphasize that she's thinking.

"Ice cream?" she asks when she doesn't come up with anything and he nods "yay!" She exclaims and he pulls me along so we leave the house.

He drops us back at his place after ice cream cause of his appointment.

"Miss Alison, lunch is ready" Maryam informs and I nod, "you also cook?" I ask her as she scoops Alina into her arms "no, there's a cook, Danny, She takes Care of cooking, I don't do anything that isn't related to Alina, there are two maids assigned to clean the house on a daily" she explains and I nod.

"So no males work for Zayd?" I ask and she cocks her head at me with a small smile, noticing my slight jealousy cause of the fact that he lives in a house with almost 5 women.

"Only his driver but he only comes over when requested by Mr. Zayd, the maids don't sleep over as well, they're only around in the mornings to early afternoons, they left shortly before you both returned. Then the guards, two men, they obviously sleepover, other than them, only myself and Danny stay the night. I won't be staying over anymore tho, you know after you and sir get married" she explains and I beam.