i'd be lying(20)

*UNEDITED*

"Thank you, love," he says and I smile. "They can be a handful, it takes a while to get used to that, I understand"

"What"

He keeps staring at me with a smile "wonderful" I frown in confusion "what?"

"You"

I giggle and gently worm into his hold.

~

After the new_born.

"Alina! Get me a water bottle please, and a diaper" I yell and she grumbles. "No!, get it yourself"

"Alina!" Zayd's voice booms and she bursts into sobs.

I rush over to her with my baby boy, Ayaan, in my arms. "What's wrong sweetheart" I inquire with a worried expression, zayd mirrors that, squatting beside me in front of Alina.

"Get away from me!, you don't love me, you only love your child, you give him all your attention and I only get bossed around" she wails and Zayd and I share a look.

"That's not true princess. We love you very much. We just have to take care of Ayaan a lot cause he's very small but that doesn't mean we don't care about you" Zayd tried to explain but she doesn't even try to process his words.

"No!, you don't love me anymore and she never did, to begin with! *sob* I just want to be loved by my Abba like before" he hugs her and pics her up gently"

"I'll take her to her room, put Ayaan to sleep," he says and I nod at his retreating figure.

With a sigh, I change and feed my baby then rock him to sleep.

Ya ilahi, help me raise both my children in peace and good health.

After I make sure Ayaan is asleep I make my way to Alina's room where zayd is trying to pacify her.

She sniffles and grumbles as he hugs her while mumbling what I'm assuming us soothing words to her.

I sigh and lean against the door frame so I wouldn't disturb them. Instead, I think.

'Why don't we send Alina to a madrasa, she'll make friends, learn plus we wouldn't feel bad about spending a lot of time with Ayaan cause of his fragile age. It'd be hard to convince her tho, she'd make a fuss about it. I'd just get zayd to talk to her about it sometime.'

~

"What if we enroll her in madrasa and I crease her time with her mum to every holiday break for the time being" I suggest and he looks up from Ayaan's crib. "Maybe madrasa, but increasing her time with Khausar is not up for discussion, maybe when she turns 18 and wants to but, now?, no," he says gazing lovingly at Ayaan.

"Ok Zayd, sorry I asked" he sighs and I kiss my child's head then go to the kitchen to cook lunch.

When I'm almost done he cruises in

"What do you think about enrolling her by Monday, I don't have any appointments and I'm sure you won't be going anywhere," he says and I finish up before replying.

"Sure love, the day after tomorrow, we can make it work," I tell him and proceed to dish his food.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier love"

"I'm not even upset," I say shoving his food in his hand but he sets it aside. "Sure you're not," he says sarcastically then pulls me into his arms.

"Forgive me, baby"

I melt at that, he has never called me that before, it's new, and I love it.

I look up at him and he beams "you're forgiven, baby"  I tease and he pouts whilst I giggle.

"Now eat your food, I'll get Alina," I tell him but he just shakes his head

"Let me go zayd" he just holds me tighter and I sigh "what do you want zayd, I've given you forgiveness and food, let me be"

"Well, you could say. Zayd my love you are the best person to ever walk this earth, I love you and never want to be apart from you"

I raise a brow "now you're just being a silly wanker" I tell him and he pouts "besides id be lying if I said any of that"

"That wouldn't be a lie"

"Well for one, I want you to let go of me so not being apart from you wouldn't be possible for that. Second, to me, no one can beat the prophet (s.a.w) so no, you are not the best. What is true tho is I do love you, so very much, but k need you to let me go"

He blinks at me and I glare "now please!" He does so with immediate effect and I smile. "Eat your food"

"But it's cold now"

"And whose fault is that," I say over my shoulder as I walk away.

"Alina, sweetie, come eat" I call and she opens her door. I pick her up and she immediately whines, demanding to be set down but I ignore her, she eventually stops and I let out a breath.

I set her on the counter and dish a bowl of food for her then try to feed her. "I have hands," she says and I smile softly "but I want to feed you, your mum wants to feed you, won't you let me"

"Step"

"Sure" I take the spoon near her mouth and she moves her face, zayd is silently observing us, maybe that's why she hasn't thrown the bowl away or something

"Please Alina" she eyes me for a bit but then opens her mouth and I slowly feed her till the bowl is empty.

"Can I get more?" She asks softly and I nod "sure sweetie"

I feed her more and she hums "it's really good Mami" I beam "thank you, sweetie, I made it myself" I sent Danny (our cook) home for the night seeing as she barely has enough time to visit her parents.

"You're a good cook" I cock my head "just good?"

"You're a dynamite cook love, isn't she Alina" zayd comes in and kisses her head then mine. Alina nods and he beams.

"Good!, now who wants ice cream!" He yells and she immediately beams

"I do!"

"It's settled, I'll go get Ayaan. Love go put Alina in her car seat, I'll be right out" I nod and clear the dishes the leading Alina out

"Will we still have ice cream tomorrow mami?" She asks as I stap her in "sweetie, it's Saturday, I promised your aunt Ihsan id let you have ice cream every Saturday, that's why I agreed, not that it's a regular thing" I explain and she pouts. I kiss her head, "cheer up, we still have ice cream today" I say and she nods with a small smile and I close the door.

"Here's Little Ayaan" Zayd calls and I coo "my baby"

I take him from says and kiss his plush cheeks. Zayd opens my door and I get in.

Zayd goes round and also gets in then proceeds to drive us to the ice cream shop.