~Awkard Breakups~

Niall's POV

I walked to the kitchen and saw Kylie sitting at the island, looking at the laptop screen. I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her. She jumped slightly until she realized it was me.

"Sorry, babe." I chuckled.

"It's okay." She spoke, calmly. She turned to face me and cupped my face in her hands.

I crinkled my nose and puckered my lips at her.

She giggled and kissed my nose, up to my forehead, down to my cheek, and over to my lips. I always loved when she did that. It was... I don't know, cute.

"What'ya doing?" I ask, referring to the laptop.

The page was open to a news page.

"Oh... Umm... Just reading." She said, clicking out of the page.

I raised my eyebrow. "Reading what?"

She spun around to face me again. "Uh..."

"Kylie." I say, getting impatient. She never hides things from me.

She sighed. "Stories about everyone."

"Stories?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah. There's rumors about Liam and Dani going around. They're saying that their relationship is 'going down to loo'. " she sighed.

"What? Why?"

"I have no idea. So I read a few articles. But there's more." She opened the page again. " 'Louis and Eleanor done with romance?' Like, what is this?" She asked, reading the title.

I looked at the screen. My eyes landed on my name. "Click here." I pointed to a title 'Niall's bad comeback.'

She clicked it and read it to me. It simply stated how I hadn't had a girlfriend in so long that I've 'lost my touch'. What? Sure, okay. It talked about me and Kylie and the rest of us. These people are trash.

"I don't think you've lost your touch." Kylie winked at me.

I laughed and closed the laptop. I pulled her up and into the living room. I heard a noise and spun around. Liam was sat on the couch, sobbing.

Kylie ran over to him and bent down on the floor, in front of him. She grabbed his wrists, forcing him to look at her.

"Li, what's wrong?" She wiped his tears off his cheeks.

"N-nothing." He cried.

"Li... Don't give me that. You can tell me. You know me, trust me." She wiped more tears.

He looked up at her. His eyes were red and bloodshot, his cheeks were stained with tears, his mouth fell agape.

"Danielle.... She wants to break up."

Kylie gasped. "Li..." She hugged him. He cried into her shoulder. "I am so sorry."

"What happened?" I asked.

"She said that she's sick of not being able to see me. She thinks I spend too much time over here, instead of being with her."

"But you just took her on a month-long cruise...." I say.

Kylie shot me a glare.

"I know. But she thinks I spend more time with you guys and the girls than her. She said she doesn't want to deal with this, the fans, scheduling, or anything else anymore."

Kylie sat next to him and rubbed circles in his back. "I'm so sorry, Li."

"It's not your fault. She's right. We just don't have enough time for each other. It's not like I could bring her on tour, she's got work."

"Well, I'm sure Dani didn't mean it harshly. She probably just doesn't think you two have enough time for each other. Maybe it's for the best."

Kylie was damn good at comforting. She always had that 'whatever happens, happens' speech prepared.

"I guess you're right. Maybe it'll turn out for the best." Liam faintly smiled. "Thank you." He hugged Kylie.

"Anytime. Whenever you need me, I'm here for you." She smiled.

*Kylie's POV*

~later that night~

We went out tonight, all of us. We decided it was good to just get out of the flat for a while and spend time together.

We had dinner at this fancy restaurant I don't know that name of. We all split the bill. Gemma came with us. I hadn't seen her in a long time. I've missed her so much.

I kept sneaking peeks at Teia and Haz. They seemed content. They must've worked it out. I tapped Haz's leg under the table. He glanced up at me when Teia wasn't looking. I raised my eyebrow and nodded toward her. He nodded and raised his eyebrows twice, as if saying yes.

I smiled and turned to Liam. "You alright?"

"Yeah. Thanks." He smiled.

I felt awkward for Liam. He was lonely. The girls had come with us. Dani and I were close, but not extremely close. El and I were closest. Perrie was gone most of the time, leaving not much time to get to know her. But she's an amazingly sweet girl. All of them are.

I know Dani didn't mean harm by their breakup. She would never hurt a fly. She must've just thought it'd be better for both of them.

*

I scooted toward Niall and leaned against him. Fancy restaurant or not, if I'm full, I'm leaning on you. He must've understood why, because he rubbed my tummy and laughed.

Liam seemed so awkward, sat there alone, watching everyone enjoy themselves. Liam was in pain. He really, truly loved Dani. They had broken up once already, I hadn't thought they'd ever break up again. They seemed ready for marriage. It was just awkward now.