18 || Silence

»Who is she?« Aphrodite herself asks, beautiful as a sunrise seen for the first time in centuries. With her question directed to the young, fine man in the throne beneath her, her long, blonde hair is thrown forward, shimmering as golden as her skin beneath the fiery lighting situation. Her golden jewelry clinking, the diadem reflecting and almost blending me, I wonder how her conversational partner gets even the smallest bit of her question. Then again, I got it, too, and I'm on the other side of the room.

»Well, she has to be a Goddess if she can simply come in here without turning to ashes.« Dionysus responds in a grunt, shaking his head and directing the bottle's neck to his mouth. More unbothered than actually annoyed, he takes two long sips, before running his eyes over me like I was a piece of art he needed to analyze. If I was not already taken and completely turned against any romantic interaction with any other man, not even think of the possibility, I might have fainted.

»She has his eyes« I hear from another corner, head shooting to the source. Namely, the woman with the crown and the lion, having stopped tracing up and down the aisle behind the other seats. »Parts of« she shrugs then, her gaze only scrutinizing me temporarily, before Hera's attention is owned by Zeus. Resting her scepter against the hard metal of her throne, her glance turns from worried to super-worried.

With the robed man next to her having an arrow and a bow ready, pointing the tip at me, I am a little surprised I did not percept it. He must have moved noiselessly, fast, hand already readied to shoot right into my head. Just like I do, usually, holding the blade to the stranger's throat before they can even blink. »If it only were the eyes she has of him« he mumbles beneath his rhythmic breath, thousands of years of practice in his steady grip. Although he does not need to inhale exactly, he probably does it for good rhythm, for control.

»She's pretty, we have to give her that« another man close to them points out, Hermes, and once more it is I cannot believe James's impact on me. A literal God just gave me a compliment, and still, it is only my man that can make me blush. Even after all we have been through.

»Of course, she's pretty« the last of their little circle verifies, although I have the feeling that I will not like what that middle-aged man, Hephaestus, has to say else, »She's designed to be, remember?«

»Sorry, I just mean- It surprises me that of all, she's got to be the most beautiful of us even if she's that young.« If we were on another world, this might have been something Peter says whenever MJ steps into the room.

This only evokes a scoff from the other side, from the Goddess of Beauty and Love, and I take that as a sign to start speaking up again. Or, let us say, I tried to. But the father figure of them all is faster, supporting his head with his hand meanwhile, fingers rubbing along his forehead.
»Silence« And his voice is like real thunder. So old, so wise, having been used for centuries and millenniums. Where all of the other's are rather strong but delicate, somehow perfectly suiting to what their task is, their specialty, and yet all men are blessed with the deepness of a rich, baritone voice and all women owning a voice that is the sweetest of lullabies, Zeus's voice is shattering, authoritarian, and not to doubt. Immediately, the hall becomes all quiet, and I think my teachers would have loved to have the same impact on their students.

Shuffling sounds then echo from the high walls, and soon enough, every God and Goddess has found their personal seat, the golden shimmer of theirs only intensified with the expensive material surrounding them like a second silhouette. All in all, they are rowed in front of me like a group of unbeatable figures coming from the most far corners of a fantasy novel writer's mind. 

Just that one seat is left empty. Dust is covering the expensive good, with axes and swords and knights on horses carved into the throne, standing right in between Hera and Athena, and therefore, only a seat away of Zeus in the very center of the U-formed royals.
Ares's throne.
The one Zeus wants to set me on. According to Alastair and Nike.