16 || Loki of Asgard

[Nova]
The man turns around in a quick, gushing motion, his arms opened widely as if he had nothing to fear from me. His dark mantel, outlined in dark green and gold and otherwise black, nearly swipes the bottom during the movement, his black hair swinging through the wind in a small half-circle. Pale skin faces me, like a moon being enlightened due to the street lamp in my back in the narrow street, a white face in the darkness. Blue eyes scrutinize me by the second, positioned in a rather long face, long nose, high forehead; the cheekbones slightly to be seen, but nothing special. He has some rare kind of beauty, admittedly, being thin lipped and sent the gift of rather thin eyebrows. Nothing that would appeal me right away, but pretty nonetheless.

He takes a step back instinctively with me being merely thirty centimetres away, and I am relieved about knowing he is one to back up. He probably cannot tell who is the one of us that is superior, whether his body language tells otherwise, his back still straight, his hands clasping together and a big, selfish grin playing around his mouth.

His voice is middle-pitched, nothing special, either. But demanding. Very demanding. And I am no one to be man-handled by anyone, at least, not but for the one exception. Another wave of annoyance floods through me even before he opens his mouth. »Who are you?«

Squinting my eyes, I scrutinize him a little more, just like he did with me. Not answering him. Searching for weapons, but finding no obvious ones. Not in his belt around his slim hip, not in his hands or hidden in his suit. Definitely no small arrow underneath his tongue or a knife behind his ear. His skills must come out of him himself, out of his body. His being being the thing that makes him dangerous. Makes me be careful about my steps. I cross my arms in front of my black hoodie. »I asked first.«

»I am Loki of Asgard, God of Mischief and-«

»Yeah, who cares?« I interrupt him, cocking my right eyebrow. »Why are you following me?«

Never would I ever portray openly how surprised I am. I know he really has to be a God, know he is not tricking me with him being superior, but I would not give that away. Never.

He rolls his eyes at that. »Women on this planet seem to have no respect to men.«

»And women on this planet very quickly lose their patience.« I almost hiss back, something about him mocking me with every word that leaves his mouth. I take another step towards him, and this time, he does not retreat.

Loki simply glances down at me, huffing in amusement. »Tell me who you are and I might tell you why I followed you. If you're interesting enough.«

And that is it.

First, this strange creature in my front makes me lose my last nerve following me, then, he starts annoying me even more with his scent, and now, he just continues with every time he opens his mouth? Lord, can he not simply answer an easy question? I am not one for hurting innocent people, but this entire inferiority thing makes me feel the urge to make my point clear. Plus, my inner feminist yells at him since he first let his tongue form any words.

And so, in one quick motion, my foot connects with the jelly part of his stomach, catapulting him into the house's wall, making the sticking, red bricks crack underneath him. They crumple onto the concrete below, and I walk further towards him slowly, with heavy steps. »Look, I am on a quite tight schedule, so if you could get down of your high horse and simply answer my question; this would be a huge help.« I bash my lashes at him repeatedly, while watching him getting from all four's back into a standing position in my front. No one living in here seems to have noticed, or is too scared to make a move outside, and my fear puffs into thin air. He may is stronger, but he by far is not a good fighter.