4 || Stomach Aches || 🔪

»What did you do?« Steele spits when he comes in after barely five seconds, his dark blond hair waving with the breeze his fast stalking into the dark room causes like a fallen halo.

»Bold of you to assume I would still sit in here when I was outside and could be anywhere else.« I respond coldly, hoping I would develop another new power and could simply make his head explode if my inner will was strong enough. »I did nothing.« I add, blinking as innocent as an angel from where I am cuffed onto the chair.

My skin, every injury, every inner blooding already healed completely, and if it was not for the blood bath I surprisingly myself caused underneath me, still shimmering golden with the light that falls in through the still open door gap, one could think I just sat in here watching a boring movie for the past hours.

Not able to hold back his anger, Steele takes a swing before hitting my cheek so hard with his bare palm, the sound bounces off the walls and nearly kicks me out of my seat. My head already turned, I use the position to spit off the blood pouring from my lip; right at the place it connected to his silver ring, on which brutal looking, small triangles are made like teeth of a dragon.

I turn back, pure hatred dripping from my eyes when I scrutinize him from head to toe. »You'll try that again and I swear you'll be sorry. Don't ever touch me.«

He grins arrogantly, blankly, something ticking in his mind that certainly is not placed in this room. It takes two seconds for him to refocus, the crimson-red in his eyes illuminating the darkness around and inside them. Steele bends again, supporting himself on my armrests just as he did before. »There we are.«, it almost sounds like cooing, a flat breath, »I knew you'd find back to yourself soon enough.«

»Do you expect me to give you medal for making me hate you in this life as much as I did in the other in less than a day?« I grunt, thinking about breaking his nose with a mere meeting of its bone and my forehead. Keep yourself, Nova. For James's sake.

But for James's sake, my blood is boiling already. For what they did to him. It is readying myself for what I am about to do to them, the worst payback check they will ever receive and not caring that it probably will take a long while until I am able to send it.

Scoffing, he leans in even closer, hand cupping my chin in a way that would hurt if it was for me having the ability to feel pain. »You left a trail of half-dead men behind you when you walked to the computer's room. One of my daggers in here is missing. It smelled like ashes spread in the archive. I'll ask you once again, nicely, and just because I am formally required to do so: What did you do?«

Trapping his eyes in mine, I let him wait for an answer. Let his mind trail off. Let him think about what I might think, as long as I dare this dumbass to take until I catch him off guard. And as long as my psyche is able to hold itself together with the strangely uncommon, yet familiar scent of his.

»I told you not to touch me.« I turn my head faster than he can blink, and bite right into his fingers.

It is not the first time I got human – or whatever he is – limbs in my mouth. Not that I am very proud of it, but sometimes, one just runs out of options. The taste of his blood is as spicy and metallic as it smelled before, but not like I needed to vomit for the second time that day. A kind of self-protection, perhaps. But his salty skin really is not my flavour, either.

I can feel my teeth sink in into the smooth flesh, his tips twitching inside my mouth and thereby hitting my palate. Steele shouts in a mix of shock and pain, trying to get his hand away out of reflex, but only causing parts of his fingers stuck inside my mouth when he trembles a few feet back. I spit half of his index, and a third of his middle finger out, them falling lifelessly onto the ground into one of the puddles. It is the splinter of a second that I dare to take a look down, just to see that the golden blood of mine is mixing with the royal blue of his.