40 || Expensive || slightly 🌶

[Nova]
The next day, and with the knowledge of Tony and the rest of the team being gone for more time than we supposed anyways, I wondered what else there was to do that I could roam my mind about, that would distract me, not making me confront that damage in my own brain, or lose myself in James's to a point there is no turning back. Meaning, with me getting to be James's only company a little longer, particularly with Peter having his free day today, I should do something on my own, and something not as casual as going to the gym or reading.

I decided for a break from the same four walls, to go into town and walk around a little bit. What was there to go wrong? If anyone would want to take me, they could already have knocked on the door or get ahold of me in the Bretagne. Plus, there barely is a situation I could not get out of by myself, so no need to worry.

It is before midday when I walk towards the elevator, the sun shining brightly through the panorama wall on my right. To my surprise, there is not a single cloud on the sky. Not a single thing avoiding the prickles of the star's warm rays to stroke my chin. Must be the aftermath from all the rain yesterday. Perhaps, I would go for ice cream. It may be only April, but today is a warm day of April. 

Casually clothed, I put on a dark jeans jacket above a rose-coloured top and black jeans. Sunglasses, of course, because I am in no mood to get stared at today, and for the fact there are golden, single hairs in my mane, I will get attention eventually. No need to intentionally attract it with my eyes pulsating goldenly like some sort of alien's would.

The moment I rise my arm to push the button on the elevator, that very moment I can feel his presence in my back; warm, huge, superior. Vanilla and Frozen River compliment the air around us, and before I know it, my arm sinks. I do not know why exactly he is able to control me, control me without a single word, mere his presence. But he is, and it is against my objective will that my body listens to him every single time automatically.

Turning around, his hair gleams in the sun like ebony, his skin like ivory, his lips like morganite, and his eyes – eyes like the inside of sapphire. It should be way more expensive to look at him, such a beauty more worth than art, such a soul more tortured than the devil's personal toy, such a body personally formed by Aphrodite.

Of course, I cannot portray any of these thoughts openly. Although I am pretty sure he would welcome them.

I cock an eyebrow while tilting my head, some strands of mine tickling the skin on my collarbone while falling forward. Raising my sunglasses to rest on the top of my skull, he is faster than me in beginning the conversation, his voice like a melody played by a cello. »So, where do we go?«

The eyebrow lifts higher, and I know he sees the questioning look in his face. The asshole he is sometimes, he waits for me to speak anyways. Somewhat annoyed – but deep down not, and he knows this -, I register the slight, warm tickle inside my chest, evoked by the mere thought of him joining me. »What do you mean, 'we'?«

»Well,« he starts, stepping one step closer, making me retreat one automatically. »I'm your babysitter, did you forget?« he smirks deliciously, the mocking written all over this damn lips.

»I think I can get along by myself, thanks.« I nod towards him, before I turn around. Yet, this bothering small grin around my lips is not to get away, not even when biting down. Lord, I feel like a teenager. 

Getting myself together, I barely reach the button before being slammed into the wall, right next to the photograph of Camp Lehigh. Crashing against the concrete, I am imprisoned within a mere second by a metal arm to the right, and a flesh arm to the left of my head. Within the fracture of the next moment, I am entangled into the maze inside cerulean diamonds, their black middle growing a little larger.