67 || Three Hundred and Twenty-Seven

[Nova]
When Wanda and I get into the café, it already is five at afternoon. With her forcing me to go shopping – she threatened to buy the most expensive thing in each store we went into if I would not at least choose two pieces of clothes, Tony financing us and both of them seeing sense in this after almost all my clothes burned down, except for the ones I took with to the tower already -, I barely had enough space for five entirely filled bags around the table.

Wanda herself bought a few things as well, but it merely reached to fill two and a half bags. I feel bad about it, but she shushes me whenever I would make a comment.

»As this café has been in your former neighbourhood; can you recommend something?« she asks in her sweet notes, sitting down next to the window in one of the last corners.

I nod, smiling. »The Brown Flower is amazing.« Memories become present, me sitting with a Charles Dickens novel just a few places up the hall, dumped again. Then, the most handsome stranger sits down next to me, and makes me forget all about time. 

I have a bone to pick with this stranger soon.
»Great, you're taking it, too?« Her red hair falls onto her back when she arranges herself, the vintage bench way too large for her small figure.

Again, I nod, and soon enough order the drinks for both of us. »They're on me this time.«

»Forget it. Tony said I can spend as much money for you as I liked, and besides – it's not like you have financial stability currently.« she answers, placing both her elbows on the wooden table and intertwining her fingers.

»Yes, and guess whose fault that is.« I roll my eyes, suddenly wishing my old life to be back.
The life before all this mess, before Stark's stupid internship. Before Peter told me Tony chose me for a reason. Where I worked in a library and studied psychology. It seems a lifetime away.

I though cannot wish for my entire life to get a reset. If it was not for me having been an assassin, I never would have wanted to move, to escape Germany and leave the brutal and violent life behind. I never would have come to New York to study. I never would have met James.

On the other hand; life as a kid has been great. Except for the permanent moves, I had lots of friends. Parents who loved me the way I am, who let me both play in the dirt and taught me manners, who were there for me and cared for me. Always a dog in the family, teaching me responsibility and the value of the living. An older brother that always protected me, had an ear for me, put all the blame on himself when my stupid ass did something inappropriate.

And now, all is changed. My brother is dead. He is simply gone. I never will be able to call him in the night and laugh with him, never will be able to bake Christmas cookies and muffins with him. There will never be a speech for him on a wedding, never be another holiday spent together, never be another training fight. He is simply gone, and it cannot be changed.

My parents may or may not are hitting their child for them to have more success, to get even better than they already are. May or may not they put a mask on whenever I entered the room. May or may not they never really loved me, and worse, never really loved Jonas. How could they do this? All this resulting in him going lunatic. In his death.

I will personally escort Chloe Vermentro to hell for this, no matter if my brother was about to kill me and stabbed me and wanted to poison me beforehand.

Something must have gotten in his brain, perhaps he even has been brainwashed, making him go crazy. I do not believe him to ever be able to be that evil, to ever feel the wish of murdering his own sister.

I will find her, and I will show her Lucifer's kingdom is a place on earth.

»Nova? Someone there?« Wanda snips her fingers in front of my face, and I am pulled back into reality, almost having drowned my hair in the hot drink.