𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 || 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧

»They are fictional, nothing more than a fairy-tale you tell children so they can sleep better. Because when it comes down to it, there is no one there to bring light into the dark. That is why you have to turn the night into the day on your own.«

Nova Wolf, a young student living in New York to study psychology, cannot believe to be dumped - again. When she decides to stay regardless, cacao tastes better alone anyways, the handsome but myserious stranger James Barnes finds a seat on the table.
Soon, she will learn that the man wearing gloves all the time is not who he seems to be.
Soon, he will learn that not always it are opposites that attract another.
When Nova gets invited to do an internship at Stark's, she is not all to happy about it. And the feeling in her gut does not betray her: It is not long until Lilith Callan shows up, a ruthless killer that intrigues for her own best.
What Nova does not know is that Tony Stark chose her for a reason.

—————————————————

»Honestly, you two are the only people I know macabre enough to make out in a room with a mutilated body.«

His lips part as if to say something, but we both know he would not need to. A tear leaves his right eye, followed by other ones, them saying more than a thousand words. »You're what home is to me.«

»How did you do it, Lilith? [...]« - »First of all, I don't go on that name anymore. [...]« - »Seems like you went pretty well on that name.« Natasha spits, nodding her had in thanks to Steve for handing her an ice pack.

»What I can tell you, Nova, is one simple thing: It is better to get hurt at times than never to trust. [...]«

So, I leave the house of them, sunglasses back on. Betrayed by my friends, my ex-boyfriend, my brother, and finally, my parents.

————————————————

This story contains triggers for depression, violence, smut, vulgar language and more content. Be aware you read this on your own. Warnings are mentioned in the title of the chapter, special warning above the chapter.

Have fun, feel free to give feedback and comment. I'd love to know what you're thinking!

P.s.
English isn't my first language, and I'm always glad to hear what can be improved about it :)