36/Leonadas

It's cold

It's cold. So cold.

  I've been waking up to a cold bed and going on scavenger hunts for Oaklee. She's gone when I'm awake and passes out as soon as we get in the bed. It's been like this for a week.

  Anytime I try to bring it up, she walks away or ignores me till I drop it. She's been going to her office and if she's not there she's fighting someone.

I'm sitting in my office when the door flies open. Ezra comes skipping in and plops down the chair in front of my desk.

"Oh, dear fratello. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Are you okay without me? I know, I know, I'm a busy man. I guess I'll have to put you in my schedule." He sighs, shaking his head.

"Che cazzo vuoi?"(What the fuck do you want?)I ask.

"Can't I just come and talk to my brother?" He says, dramatically.

"No, what did you do?" I say with an accusing look.

"I did nothing!" He says. I give him a pointed look.

"Okay. Fine, shit. I took Oaklee's last pink monster and I broke one of her metal straws." He mumbles, hanging is head.

"Okay. Well, I heard none of that because if she comes after me for this I'm going to kill you. You better get more before she notices. What were you thinking?" I say, bewildered.

He shrugs as the door flies open, again, and a very pregnant Nova waddles in. She waddles to the chair beside Ezra. Taking a deep breath as she sits.

"This kid is already getting on my nerves." She mumbles, poking at her swollen stomach.

"Move your elephant ankles away from me." Ezra says, using his shoe to push her feet away from his.

She shoots him a glare. "I'm sorry that your nephew wants to be a pain in my ass and make everything swell up." She huffs.

  "Oh! So now he's my nephew. An hour ago he was your sweet, precious baby boy. What happened to that?" Ezra pokes at her.

  "Your nephew wants to sit on my bladder." She says, rolling her eyes.

  The door opens again.

  "For fuck sake! How am I supposed to get any work done when you all decide to have a party in my office." I say, throwing the nearest object close to me at the door before closing my eyes, resting my head in my hands.

  "Uh oh." I hear Ezra mumble as Nova quietly starts praying. I furrow my eyebrows before looking at the door. Oh shit.