7/Oaklee

Chaos

Chaos.

Yet, I've never felt more calm.

'Revel in chaos. Then bend it at your will.'

Nothing good comes from chaos but running around, screaming isn't going to do anything. It's not gonna change the outcome of getting shot, possibly kidnapped, or even dying.

So I stand by Nova, waiting for something to happen. Nova follows Leonadas and Ezra, I follow Nova. They have their guns pointed out.

We make it to the bottom of the stairs before a voice calls out.

"Leonadas Costa! How lovely to see you!"

We all turn around. Seeing an guy, maybe late 50's, grey hair, short and stubby. Gun in hand, pointing at us.

He looks at Leonadas then Ezra then Nova and finally me. He smiles, showing off his crooked teeth. "Look at what we have here! A new friend? A new girlfriend, perhaps? Ezra? Don't tell me it's Leonadas? Come here."

I stay still, until I feel my arms being grabbed and being pulled towards him. I hear their protest and threats to let me go.

I stand in front of this ugly thing called a human. What a disgrace to the name. He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear, ignoring the death threats he's getting.

"You're such a pretty thing. Maybe you should come home with me. I can show you what a real man calls pleasure."

I cock an eyebrow before swinging my fist. Suddenly being forced down on my knees. I watch as he stumbles back, holding his most likely broken nose. "I'd rather die."

Regaining his balance. Pointing the gun at my head. "What a waste? You could've came home with me and have anything you desire and you choose to stay here."

Leaning forward, I put my forehead on the barrel of the gun. I look up to him. "Come on, big guy. Shoot me. I dare you." I smile wickedly.

He looks shocked. Opening his mouth to... Do absolutely nothing as he gets shot in between his eyes. I feel his blood splatter on my face. The guys beside me that were holding me down. Lying on the ground, blood seeping out of them.

I look up to see Leonadas pulling me into a hug. Bending down to tuck his head on the crook of my neck. One arm wrapped around my waist. Another wrapped dangerously low on my hip. I hear him whispering 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

My hands stay by my side, before hesitantly wrapping one arm around is neck and put my other hand on the back of his head, playing with his hair.

"It's okay. You're okay. I'm okay. We're okay." I whisper. This hug feels like it's more for him than for me so I continue to play with his hair, letting him calm down. I feel him playing with the bottom of my hair, twisting it, wrapping it around his fingers, and what I'm guessing is his version of a braid.