[10]-You love him?

Start from the beginning

"It's okay" he said but his gaze was still on me.

"I...I think I should go to washroom to get the cake out of my face" I said.

"Yeah" he said and walking past him, I made my way to the washroom to clean myself up.

Once in the washroom I made my way to the basin and splashed water on my face to get rid of the cream and icing from my face.

Once I was sure enough that I didn't have any remains on my face, I looked at my reflection on the mirror.

What just happened between me and Raj?

We were never involved in any intimate acts before and frankly speaking, relationship is the last thought in my mind right now.

The way he was looking at me as if, he had some kind of expectation from me but...what?

When I closed my eyes, a certain pair of black eyes which has been invading my thoughts for quite a while now made appearance, again and I opened my eyes.

I can't do it.

His and my world are very different from each other and moreover, why would he even be interested in me?

He has thousands of beautiful, rich and classy girls to choose from. Why would a hot shot billionaire like him choose a plain Jane like me?

"Grab your shit together, Sophia. Just concentrate on what's in your hand right now," I mumbled to myself.

I had saved quite a lot of money in this one year for my mother's operation but then, the medicines had become expensive and I still had a lot more to save for my mother's operation.

If my calculation goes right, I will be able to save enough money even when I take up my next job which pays less salary from here.

Taking a deep breath, I made my way outside the washroom where I saw raj leaning on the wall with his one leg on the wall while other on the floor and he had his arms crossed over his chest.

As soon as he heard the washroom door open, he turned to me fully and smiled.

I gulped and smiling at him, made my way to where he was standing.

"Hi," he said, keeping his hands in his pant pockets.

"Hey," I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"So, you'll get a new job in few days," he asked and I nodded.

"Will you miss us?" he asked.

"Of course, I'll miss all of you," I said with a smile.

"What about me?" he asked.

"What about you?" I asked, confused.

"Will you miss me?" he asked with a faint smile on his face.

I gulped and said, "Of course, I'll miss everyone I have worked with here and that includes you as well."

"I just wish we could spend some time together," he said.

"We have spent a lot of time together. Remember the monthly get together that you used to conduct?" I reminded him.

He just chuckled and looked down.

When he looked up, with a smile said, "I am talking about us."

Gulping, I asked "what about us?"

"I...I really want to know you better, Sophia" he said.

"As...as friends right?" I asked.

"No. To spend the rest of my life with you, I want to know you, as a person," he said and my eyes widened.