Chapter 19: Imminent Crisis

???: And then that damn Valkyrie sliced my tongue off! I swear, I'll make her pay once I get my hands on her!

Currently, a man is walking through the corridors of Hotel Royal. His voice is somewhat digitized as he is speaking through a digital larynx device placed around his neck.

It is revealed that he somehow has the same appearance as the man who had infiltrated St. Freya a month ago, claiming himself to be the First Herrscher, and he is currently seen in a video call with Cocolia.

Cocolia: I'm not calling you to listen to your whining. Don't let me remind you that you're on a mission

The blonde-haired woman had a dissatisfied look on her face.

Cocolia: Is the gem in position?

1st Herrscher: I got that covered. That doctor has no idea of what we're planning

Cocolia: Good. Now that the gem is in place, we no longer need Dr. Magi. You know what to do

1st Herrscher: With pleasure, Cocolia...

He then stopped once he is in front of a door and he opened it to the surprise to see that Dr. Magi is with a young silver-haired girl.

1st Herrscher: Greetings, Dr. Magi. I didn't know you're having guests

Kiana: Y-You're...

Kiana was shocked to see that the man she thought she had killed is still alive in front of her.

1st Herrscher: So this the other Valk that came here... You'll be excellent bait for me to lure in the one that took my tongue

He steps forward and held out a hand, summoning a gravity orb in his palm.

1st Herrscher: In the meanwhile, I need to let off some steam... I guess I could use her to until I'm satisfied

Magi: No! I won't let you hurt her! I'll end my deal with Cocolia if you do anything to her!

The old man protectively got in front of Kiana, holding out an arm. However, The First Herrscher then broke into a fit of laughter.

1st Herrscher: I was only fooling around with you! Indeed, you're our VIP, and we need your tech for our operation...

Suddenly, from the gravity orb, a beam of energy shoots out and hits Dr. Magi's feet, piercing through his leg.

1st Herrscher: Whoops! My hand slipped

Dr. Magi grunts in pain as he fell to the floor, losing strength in his injured leg.