Chapter 23: Distant Voices

Upon returning to St. Freya with the mysterious battleship "Selene", Bronya was immediately taken for a full physiological examination to figure out the cause of her suddenly turning on her teammates and attacking them.

The doctors came to the conclusion that the extreme Honkai energy radiating within the Selene had somehow caused her bio-chip to malfunction. For now, she has to be kept at the infirmary for the doctors to monitor her to make sure that she stays under control.

Meanwhile, for the last week, the students have been preparing hard for their license renewal exam.

Daily combat training has also increased in intensity as they are required to train both body and mind for the upcoming exam to renew their Valkyrie licence.

They all did their very best to prepare as the day of the exam is looming closer...

.

.

.

.

.

July 2016 / St. Freya Academy

Currently, Akiri is walking through the staff offices, carrying a stack of papers in his hands as he is delivering them to the principal's office.

The boy is walking through the hallway leading to Theresa's office when suddenly, he saw someone turn the corner right in front of him and he stopped just in time to avoid bumping into them.

???: Oh, sorry

He heard a female voice, and he looked around the stack of papers he is holding to see that it was a young woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

???: I should've watched where I was going

Akiri: It's fine. I should've been more careful as well

The boy replied as he then excused himself and continued walking.

???: Wait

He stopped and turned his head to look at the woman.

???: Can you point me to where principal Theresa's office is? I haven't been here in a while and I got lost

Akiri: Yeah, it's right down this hallway. I'm heading there now actually, so I can take you there

???: That would be nice. Thanks

With that, Akiri started walking again, carrying the paper stack with the woman following closely next to him.

???: Are you a student here?

Akiri: Yeah. I'm Akiri Shiranobu, a B-rank Knight

???: Ah, so you're the one who I've heard about. St. Freya's first Knight

Akiri: Y-Yeah, that's me

???: It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Bianka Ataegina

Akiri: Nice to meet you as well, Bianka Ataegina-san