EX Chapter III | A Day to Heal

A few days have passed after the mission in New Zealand. Himeko, Theresa and many others at St. Freya are working hard to find where Anti-Entropy had taken Mei, Bronya and Wendy.

In the meantime, the remaining members of Squad V, Akiri and Kiana, are allowed to take a rest, being excused from going to their classes.

Akiri: Kiana, you're up?

Akiri is now standing in front of Kiana's room as he gave a few firm knocks on the door, but there was no answer.

After returning to St. Freya, Kiana immediately went to lock herself in her room, only going out to the kitchen to get some food every once in a while.

The girl seemed severely impacted by the events, similar to the mission at Jiuling, where Himeko and Akiri were severely injured. Kiana blames herself for Mei and Wendy's disappearance.

Akiri: Kiana, it's not healthy to stay in your room all day. At least go out to get some fresh air

Again, he is only met by complete silence.

Akiri: (thoughts) She was always like this...

His mind was taken back to the lab in Siberia.

Akiri: (thoughts) Just like Sirin...

He remembers each time when her friends gets injured or hurt, she would always blame herself for not being good enough. She was convinced every time her friends got hurt, that it is her fault, and that she could've done something to prevent it.

Her sense of guilt only gets worse when she witnesses her close friends get killed by the experiments, one by one. If only she was stronger, maybe they wouldn't have suffered like they did, maybe they could be alive right now.

The boy lets out a sigh as lowered his gaze to figure out something to cheer up the girl. After a while of pondering, he seems to have got an idea of what to do as he then went straight towards the kitchen.

Behind the closed door, Kiana was seen with her ear placed on the door, and she then heard what sounded like footsteps heading away.

Kiana: (thoughts) Finally, he's gone...

She walked back to her bed and went and lay down on it.

Kiana: (thoughts) Seriously, does that guy thinks he's my dad or something? I can do what I want, idiot

She closes her eyes shut and buries her face into her pillow.

After a few minutes, she then started to smell something faint in the air, and she lifted her head up and looks towards the door.

Kiana: (thoughts) What the? It smells like...

She walks over and opens her bedroom door before taking another sniff, the savoury scent is definitely stronger, and she could tell now that it was coming from the dining area.

She followed the scent to its source and she found herself stepping into the dining area and saw Akiri sitting there at the dining table, eating what looks like a freshly baked pizza toast.

Akiri: Good morning

Kiana: M-Morning...

The boy took another bite of the toast, making an audible crunch as Kiana only looked at him in silence and confusion.