Chapter 36: Starfall

Currently, under the glow of moonlight, the Helios is seen flying over the ocean at top speed.

Tesla: We'll arrive at Arc City shortly

Tesla spoke from the pilot's cabin.

Akiri: Got it

Akiri is seen sitting in the cargo bay, outfitted in a new battlesuit.

Mei: Have you contacted Rita yet?

Tesla: Can't. Something is blocking our signal from reaching the city. Something is definitely up over there...

Akiri: Was Rita actually telling the truth?

A few hours ago, they received a message via the Ningyo, supposedly from Rita, requesting their assistance. She told them that a disaster is about to befall Arc City, and that tens of thousands would die if they didn't stop it.

In return, she offers them the location of the missing Kiana Kaslana, who she claims is in Arc City at this moment.

Mei: Regardless, we still need to be careful

Mei, who is sitting next to Akiri, spoke out.

Mei: We could be walking into her trap again

Tesla: I'll give you another run down of the situation. Rita said that Heliopolis Life Sciences is plotting to conduct an experiment on the entire city to quote "create the next generation of humans that could survive in a world filled with Honkai"

Akiri: She also said that Heliopolis is actually run by the World Serpent...

Mei: "Survive in a world filled with Honkai"? How exactly are they going to do that?

Tesla: I don't know the details either. But Rita mentioned something about activating stigmatas, and that only a few people could survive the experiment. The rest who aren't compatible will be turned into zombies. It's a filtration process

Akiri: No, it's genocide. And we will stop it

There was a brief moment of stillness as each of them took in the severity of the situation at hand. A few minutes passed until Tesla then broke the awkward silence.

Tesla: We're approaching Arc City. Get ready

Tesla announced as the Helios had entered Arc City's airspace. Both Akiri and Mei then stood up and grabbed hold of the handlebars above them.

Tesla: I'll get as close as I can. I can't drop you right at Heliopolis without getting detected by their radar

Akiri: It's okay. We can walk the rest of the way

The boy then reached both hands to his back and pulled out two swords from the sheathes strapped behind him.