Chapter 18: The Informant

June 8th 2014 / Downtown Singapore

Reporter: Breaking news at the Queens Hotel, an explosion happened on the top floor of the building last night

Currently, Akiri and Fu Hua are watching a live news report that is shown on the television displayed at the front window of an electronics store.

Between last night and the current time, Fu Hua had explained her true mission to Akiri.

A couple of days ago, a Schicksal scientist identified as Dr. Magi had defected from one of Schicksal's research laboratories. He had also stolen the Gem of Serenity a lesser form of a Herrscher Core and with Anti-Entropy's help, he had escaped to Singapore.

Fu Hua was tasked to recover the gem and take in Dr. Magi for questioning. However, the events of last night had further complicated her mission.

Reporter: Thankfully, there are no victims that are caught in the explosion as the room was empty at the time, and the police are still investigating the cause

On the TV screen, footage of the explosion from outside is shown. Then, to their surprise, a picture of both of their faces are displayed.

Reporter: This unidentified male and female were seen running away from the scene last night. Police suspect that they might have something to do with the incident. Please contact the local police station if you see any of them...

Akiri: Well, this complicates things...

Akiri is currently seen wearing his outfit from last night, only that he had removed his black jacket. Fu Hua is covering her head using the blue hoodie which she had taken.

Fu Hua: Yeah... I didn't expect Singaporean police to have such clear photos of us. Anti-Entropy probably gave the photos to them

Meanwhile, Akiri is seen busy using his comms device.

Akiri: I still can't get in touch with Kiana. Something must've happened to her

Fu Hua: Then they probably had captured her already since she's not on the wanted list

Akiri: Damn it... Please be okay, Kiana...

The boy is showing clear concern, to which Fu Hua then placed a hand on his shoulder.

Fu Hua: Don't worry. She's a tough girl. And I doubt they're going to do anything to her yet

Akiri: Right... Thanks for that

The boy took a deep breath as Fu Hua then removes her hand.

Akiri: By the way, what was that last night?

He asked as he recalls yesterday's events. While plummeting down the side of the hotel, he saw Fu Hua's hair accessory started to glow and glowing feathers started appearing around them.

Akiri: That feather, what is it?

Fu Hua: No need to concern yourself with that. Right now, there are more pressing matters at hand

He is fully aware that she was only trying to change the subject. However, if she isn't willing to share it, he figured that it is best that he didn't push her for an answer.

Akiri: Alright then. So, what do we do now?

Fu Hua: Follow me

She started to walk away and turned a corner to enter a secluded alleyway and Akiri followed quietly behind her.

Akiri: Where are we going?

Fu Hua: I know a place

Following Fu Hua's lead, they traversed the diverging pathway of the quiet alley. They walked around for a while until they reached the outside of a run-down backdoor. Akiri looked at the poorly maintained sign just beside the door.