Chapter 11: The Blade's Curse

May 5th 2014 / Principal's Office - St. Freya Academy

Theresa Apocalypse is seen at her desk, occupied with her work on her computer when suddenly the doors to her office opens up, and a woman sharply dressed in uniform enters in.

Woman: Principal Theresa. I have an urgent report

Theresa: What is it?

Woman: I've just been informed that the team we sent to aid Major Himeko and her team were taken out by Anti-Entropy

Theresa: What?

She felt a mix of shock and worry, a drop of sweat rolled down her face.

Woman: Here's the footage from the ship's cameras

The screen of her computer changes to the scene back at the Schicksal ship. Sin Mal is seen slaughtering the entire squad, cutting through their numbers with ease.

Theresa watched in complete horror as a single person annihilated a group of highly trained and experienced Valkyries. What's worse is that the girl had a crazed smile on her face the entire time, as if she was enjoying it.

Theresa: Dispatch another Valkyrie squad immediately!

Woman: That team was the only team we could spare. Other squads are currently sent out on missions. If you want, I could call them back and have them ready to be reassigned to a new mission

Theresa: No, that'll take too long... I'll go instead. I'll bring one of the rookie squads with me as well

She then got off her seat and began walking to the doors.

Theresa: Prepare the Hyperion for take off right away!

Woman: But the Hyperion is still undergoing repairs. Some parts of it won't be fully functional and only the necessary sectors will be in operational condition

Theresa: Do it. It could at least fly, and that's all I need it to do

Woman: Roger that!

The woman said with a crisp salute.

At the Valkyrie Dormitories, Mei and Bronya are currently working in the kitchen, with the latter helping Mei wash some vegetables in the sink.

Mei: Bronya-chan, can you pass me that knife?

As she asked for some assistance, they both heard a high-pitched noise coming from Bronya's communicator device. She pulls out a holographic screen and saw that it was displaying the words; "Urgent Mission".

Mei: Urgent mission...?

.
.
.
.
.

Kiana: Wh-what...? Why did aunt Himeko just...

Fu Hua: That's no longer the major...

The three stared at the red-haired woman in front of them completely speechless. She was no longer the teacher they knew. Instead, only a lifeless body with only the primal desire to kill and destroy everything in its path.

With a raging cry, Himeko swings her fiery sword towards them again, and the three of them managed to get out of the way in time.

Akiri pulls out both his swords to prepare for another attack while Kiana and Fu Hua went to hide behind a rock.

Himeko started to charge towards the girls, however, she is then kicked away by Akiri and crashes to the side of the wall.

Akiri: Miss Himeko! It's us!

She only stayed silent as she quickly recovered and started to charge straight towards him. Himeko swings her blade horizontally and the boy leaned back to avoid the attack before raising his swords to block a downwards slash and they locked blades.