Prologue

January 28th 2000 / Babylon Laboratory - Siberia

???: Subject number 51 entering the lab

A voice echoes from the loudspeaker as a metal door slides open and a scrawny boy with black hair, enters the dimly lit room, accompanied by a guard, wearing protective equipment.

???: Standby for further testing

The voice said before it cuts off with loud static. The lights then flicker on to reveal the place which he had been to many times before. Three people in lab coats are seen busy preparing their tools and equipment. The guard then drags him over to the bed at the centre of the room, with a spotlight shining towards it.

The boy's arms and legs were then strapped in tightly to the bed, and he had no choice but to comply, as he had learned the hard way what happens when a test subject didn't obey their instructions.

After being tightly secured to the bed, the guard walks away as one of the people in lab coats went over to the boy, holding a syringe, filled with some sort of purple liquid as he looked at it terrified.

Boy: No... Please...

He begged, horrified as he recalled the many times he was injected with the same liquid, over and over again. He recalls the pain he suffered after the injections, each one more painful than the last. However, it was useless as the man grabbed his arm and injected the liquid into him.

The metal door then closes with a thud as the guard left the room and loud sounds of a machine whirring to life was heard echoing loudly.

What follows, was blood-curdling screams, coming from inside the room, slightly muffled. His cries of suffering were heard echoing all throughout the laboratory by scientists and other test subjects, which were in their cells.

This was the norm at the top-secret facility, Babylon Laboratory. Or as the test subjects here would call it; Hell. Hundreds of children that are detected to have resistance against Honkai were forcefully brought in, to be experimented on.

One of the test subjects was an irregular, for the fact that most people that have resistance to the Honkai are females. However, this wasn't the case for a certain boy assigned as subject number 51.

He, despite being a male, was reported to have an abnormal amount of Honkai resistance, which made him a main subject of interest for the scientists working there at Babylon Labs. Which also means that he receives more regular and much more rigorous and intensive tests.

.
.
.

???: ...Wake up...

The boy barely heard a worried voice as his eyes were still closed. He felt a slight warmth on his hand.

???: ...Please... Wake up...

Slowly, his eyelids open up just a bit. However, he still couldn't see anything as his vision was still blurry.