Chapter 11

It was a calm night, Brady and RJ had decided to go night surfing before their return back to school from a short break, it was going to be a busy few weeks as RJ and some of the other's from an oceans club had made a save the beach fundraiser

"Holiday not over yet." Brady told the girl as they sat on their boards under the moonlight, "we could light a bonfire, eat some s'mores, tell scary stories. We could..."

RJ smiled lightly at the boy, "Brady!" The girl said making him stop, "tomorrow's the first day back to school. I've got tons to do."

"Yeah. I do, too." Brady said quickly afterwards however, that was a slight lie. The boy had nothing, Drama production wasn't up, his band hadn't booked a gig and there were no dance competition on the horizon. The surfer sat for a moment, "actually, no I don't." He concluded. "If I manage to put my board shorts on tomorrow morning, I'll be pretty stoked with myself." RJ laughed at her boyfriend before flicking water at him as he did the same back to her.

As they laughed the night away, the morning rolled round just as quick, as RJ along with some of the cheerleaders were promoting the dance that was going to be the following weekend. This meant toe girls were passing out flyers, "Big save the beach weekend." RJ said.

That was until she was tackled into a hug from one of the girls she had met up with the week before in an ocean science class, "Hi!" The two girls greeted each other.

"How was you're week off?" RJ asked the girl who looked ready to burst with information.

"Oh, big yawn." The girl joked, "I checked out the science camps they were epic, the college tour was fab. And don't even get me started on the student Government conference." Okay so maybe they weren't into everything that was the same but to Raven the girl was a breathe of fresh air, she wasn't a surfer but still loved the sea and she was a basketball jock or a cheerleader that knew all the drama. So Raven carried on listening with a smile, they lightly talked until RJ handed her a stack of paper, "what's this?" The smiley girl asked.

"Well, I got the cheer team round and create a 'save the beach' fundraiser." RJ said with a smile that couldn't be wiped of her face, "thought it was look great on our records and the cheerleaders love a reason to party."

As the two laughed and talked about the the girls trip away from Tree Hill they bumped into Brady as his friend Devon. The bubbly girl was quickly introduced to the two as she told them her name was Alyssa. As the four stood and talked, Raven turned to look at Brady, "so I'll see you later?" The girl said to him.

"Yeah, during break?" The blonde boy asked.

RJ shuck her head, "can't. Sport's study group." The girl told him as she held an awkward smile.

Brady stood and thought for a moment, "uh, lunch?" He asked again.

"Early basketball practice." The girl said afterwards as someone from the basketball team walked by chucking her a ball which she caught easily.