Chapter ten

It was game day, and everyone was excited especially the dance troupe and the basketball team as they all hoped there mission would go to plan

It was game day, and everyone was excited especially the dance troupe and the basketball team as they all hoped there mission would go to plan. As a little gift to the dance team the basketball player had gotten Zeke to bake a cake and design it as a pair of dance shoes making the group laugh and in return the dance team showed the guys plus RJ a board full of dance steps completely confusing the group until they turned the board over showing a poster they had made saying 'GO RAVENS'. Before then pelting them with soft basketball cushions.

The next step was showing Darbus as well as the Evans siblings that the basketball team was fully supporting RJ and Brady. They had written on t-shirts, 'GO DRAMA CLUB!' With singular letters on each t-shirt.

It was now game time, and Raven was in her kit getting ready, she felt nervous. What she didn't know was her dad was making his way down to see her. Nathan stopped at the sight of her sitting on the bench all kitted up, it remind him of himself.

"How are you feeling?" The man questioned his daughter

Raven let out a breathe before answering, "nervous."

Nathan chuckled, "wish I could suit up and play with you." He joked with her.

The girl shuck her head at her father, "hey you had your turn."

He came into the small room a bit more and sat down in front of her, "you know what I want from you today?" He questioned her, he had come to realise he was starting to become like his own father, it wasn't until he watched her those previous evenings that basketball was starting to crush her solo.

"The championship." She responded as if it was obvious.

The elder basketball player looked softly at his daughter, "well, that'll come or it won't. What I want is for you to have fun." He stated, "trust me I know all about the pressure. Probably too much of it has come from me and your coach because we see something great in you." He took her hands and made he look at him dead in the face, "what I really want is to see my daughter having the time of her life. Playing the game our hole family loves, maybe not your mom but still." He said jokingly thinking back to the amount of times Haley has had to pull them away from the court. "You give me that and I will sleep with a smile on my face no matter what the score." He pulled her into a hug, "by the way everyone is out there supporting you." Nathan tells her indicating their whole family and friends came.