Season 8 Episode 3, 5

It had been a week since Quinn woke but Clay hadn't

It had been a week since Quinn woke but Clay hadn't. Nathan had been reading him the newspaper everyday, especially the sports column. The teens had spent every moment in the hospital with their family going back and forth between the manger and aunt, where Quinn was getting better, Clay was getting worse he was now on a respirator, to make the group smile they went to look at the babies and even though the teens had told him how it was funny walking his reply.

Brooke and Julian took the teens to play basketball that was until Brady and Avery turned up, the teens suggested going and surfing, they knew being out in the sea would offer the teens some calm, they all sat on the boards and looked up at the sky. Brady and Raven sat on their own boards in the middle of the ocean as Will shared with his girlfriend.

"Did you guys hear about tomorrow?" Brady asked the group.

Raven perked up a bit, "yeah, I mean, can you believe they're talking about 40-foot waves?"

Will nodded his head, "there a huge storm coming up." He told them trying to indicate to the two that it may be unsafe.

"But I mean, surf like that only happens here once every 30 years." Raven tried to persuade her brother however she was doing it for another reason, if she could surf a 40-foot wave in a storm then Clay could wake up, she knew it was unrealistic but it was something she felt she had to do.

Brady however was all for it seeing the joy on the girls face, "yeah, can you imagine dropping in on a barrel that huge?"  The group laughed for the rest of the afternoon.

What the teens found out was that Nathan had offered to give up his kidney for Clay but that meant he would no longer be a bobcat, he would no longer play in the NBA which he had come to terms with as his back was deteriorating and he wanted to be in his kids life.

Although when it came to it, they found out he wasn't a match. As everyone cried, Raven slipped out the hospital and made her way towards the stormy beach were people were gathering together for one of the biggest waves. Brady along with grandpa were stood in the crowd what Raven didn't know was that Mouth had come down to report what was going on live for anyone listening, and while the group sat with Clay, Jamie had it on in the back ground.

"Hey!" Raven greeted Brady, as he stood with his lifeguard jacket on, he was meant to be watching over everyone and ready incase he needed to jump on a jet ski.

The boy was happy to see her, "shouldn't you be at the hospital?" He asked the girl.

"I'm just taking a break." She told him with a smile but there was a deeper meaning to it, "okay. Check out what I'm about to do." She stated before running in.

The girl paddled out into the sea, diving under the waves to get further and further out. The current was quick and the waves were strong and fast. While Mouth was reporting all this the group had noticed Ravens disappearance but assumed she had just gone for a walk.