Season 8 Episode 12

Whether it's over one night or several years, heavy alcohol use can lead to lapses in memory

Whether it's over one night or several years, heavy alcohol use can lead to lapses in memory. This may include difficulty recalling recent events or even an entire night. And unfortunately that was what most of the Tree Hill girls were feeling.

As Brooke stumbled forwards towards the sink dressed in fake jewellery with a wedding veil in her hair she reaches for the tap to get a hand full of water as she regrets her life choices, "oh...ahh." The woman sighs as she turns the tap off, "please god, get me through this. I promise I will never drink again." She says as she takes the veil out of her hair.

"Shut up." A voice comes out from behind her as Brooke looks in the mirror she notices a pair of heels sticking out the bath tub.

Turing around she walks towards the tub to see who was inside, only to spot her soon to be mother-in-law, "SYLVIA?!"

The elder woman opens her eyes slightly horrified.

12 Hours earlier

Haley had booked a spa night for Brookes hen do, however after talking to Nathan who was struggling with his college work she knew she couldn't stay the hole time. "No way, Haley. You are not leaving my party early to go play tutor girl. We're not in high school anymore." Brooke complained as herself, Quinn, Haley and RJ walked on the decking.

"Hey, if you're gonna throw jabs, throw them at the right person. Nathan's college professor August Kellerman." Haley informed the group.

Quinn and RJ looked at each other, "His name's August?" The James woman said.

"Yes." Haley confirmed as she crossed her arms.

RJ laughed lightly, "ooh, he even sounds mean." The girl stated sarcastically making her mother swat her arm jokingly.

"She's right." Quinn stated carrying on what the teenager had said, "like the end of summer."

Brooke nodded her head, "yeah, this Kellerman guy made himself a powerful enemy today, taking you from my party."

"Sorry, but you'll at least have Quinn, RJ, Alex and Millie." Haley stated as they got closer to the door.

However this made Brooke freeze, "wait. What?" She paused in his step. Quinn, Haley and RJ stopped to turn and look at the woman, "who invited Alex?"

"I did." Haley said feeling slightly worried from the look on Brookes face, "you invited her to thanksgiving. What's the problem?"

"I was being civil for Julian's sake!" Brooke declared, "But this is my party." She stated like a child.

Haley smiled smugly, "I thought we weren't in high school anymore." As she deadpanned.

"Well, let's face it. She's always gonna be the girl who got naked in front of my boyfriend." Brooke told the woman back.