Chapter Twenty

"Babe." Zeke said softly as he shook Leah a little. "Babe." he whispered a little louder.
"What?" Leah groaned, her eyes slowly opening, seeing Zeke's big grin.
"Happy anniversary."
She smiled at him. "Happy anniversary."
   He gave her a kiss. She kissed him back, her hand resting on the back of his neck. He pulled away after a few moments.
   "I made you breakfast."
   "Love, you shouldn't have." she smiled.
   "I had to. I wanted it to be a special morning."
   "I seriously don't deserve you."
   "Well, god gave me you, so taking care of you is my way of repaying him."
   "Like an obligation? Am I an obligation?"
   "You would not have to pay me a cent to take care of you. I would give you everything to be with you for even a second."
   She smiled and gave him another kiss. "Wait, what time is it?"
   "It's ten."
   "I gotta eat then get ready." she grumbled.
   "Well, I got Kenzie. You can eat and I'll bring her downstairs, cool?"
   "Cool. I'm gonna change though."
   "Okay." he shrugged before kissing her forehead. "See you there."
   Leah stretched before she sat up. She furrowed her brows. Something didn't sit right with her and she couldn't really figure out what. She had a funny feeling in her stomach. She shrugged it off and went to the closet. She went to the little bit of clothes she had hanging in Zeke's closet.
   She put on a light blue shirt, black jeans, and checkered print vans. She put her hair in a messy bun to fix later after she does her makeup. She then went downstairs to Zeke feeding Mackenzie baby food purée in her high chair.
   "Good morning again." Leah smiled.
   "Good morning to you too again." Zeke smiled.
  Leah kissed Mackenzie's forehead.
   "Dada!" Mackenzie smiled before she babbled.
   "How'd you sleep?" Leah said as she put food on a plate.
   "I should be asking you that. I heard you throw up again last night."
   "After that I slept fine, yes." she nodded her head as she poured herself a glass of orange juice.
   "How do you feel right now?" he said, his eyes following her as she sat in front of him.
   "I feel okay. I just hope that Dr. Luna will find something."  she said as she began to cut her waffle into pieces.
   "Do you think she might? Cause your head isn't hot and your body temperature has been normal."
   She shrugged. "I don't know. I'd like to live and hope she will or someone."
   "What if she's not? And she'll need more than a second opinion?"
   She shrugged. "I'd like to live and hope that I'm not dying then."
   He reached over and grabbed her hand. He shook his head. "I don't believe that. Not for one second. The world can't get rid of you that easy. And they're not taking you away from me. I can't lose you again. Not now and not ever."
   "You're not gonna lose me, Elliott. It's not that easy to get rid of me. You're stuck with me forever. Whether you like it or not."
   Mackenzie looked at Leah with a big smile. "Mama!"
   Leah's jaw dropped. "Mack?"
   "Mama! Mama!"
   "Yes! That's me! I'm mama!" Leah smiled tearfully. "She said mama!"
   "Mama! Dada!"
   Zeke smiled. "That's right! We're mama and dada!"
   "I am so glad she finally said mama." Leah laughed.
   "She's been saying dada for a while, so I'm good."
   Leah playfully glared at him. "I'm gonna finish eating so I can go and to the doctor."
   "Whatever you need, babe." he laughed.

   "Hello, Ms. Mazarez." Dr. Luna smiled.
   "Hi." Leah said.
   "How are you?" she said as she began to do a check up.
   "I'm not too sure on that one, doc."
   "What's going on?"
   "Well . . . my body's been in pain. My back, head, and my boobs, mainly. And I've been throwing up."
   "I see." she nodded as she wrote it down. "Well, I'm gonna finish your check up then I want you to pee in a cup."
   "Why?"
   "I just need to see if I'm right."
   Leah nodded her head unsure. Not long later, Dr. Luna finished the checkup and handed Leah a cup.
   "There's a restroom right there." she pointed at a door in the room. "Just do what you need to do and I'll be right back in a few minutes."
   Leah nodded her head as Dr. Luna walked out of the room. Leah waited a few beats before going into the restroom. She then did what she needed to do and waited in the room, yet again.
   Dr. Luna walked back in the room. "Have you done it?"
   Leah nodded her head. "Yes. It's on the counter."
   Dr. Luna grabbed the cup. "I'll be back shortly."
   Leah felt her breathing increase once Dr. Luna left. She began to mess with her hands, not wanting to go on her phone. She looked out the window and at different things around the room.