Chapter Seventeen

"Oh, I love this rocking chair. I'm stealing it from you." Zoey said as she snuggled herself into it more.
   "Too bad, you don't have a kid." Leah said as she placed a few toys in front of Mackenzie.
   Mackenzie kicked her legs excitedly with a big smile as she lied on her belly for her tummy time.
   "I want one so bad though. Look at Mackenzie." Zoey said as she pouted.
   "Didn't you and Dak already talk about it?"
   "We both want one. But he's worried that his career will make him not be able to focus on our kids much."
   "If Tom Brady is able to make it work. There's no doubt that he can do it too."
   "I really want a little Dak too. You practically got your handed to you. Doesn't Zeke worry about his career distracting him from Mackenzie or even the thought of your future kids?"
   "He does. Of course, he does worry about that. I know there will be those moments, but I know that he'll be there and do what he needs to do for us. He'll make it work."
   "You have more hope in him than he probably does  for himself." Diana said as layed on her stomach in front of Mackenzie, making funny faces to her making her laugh.
   Leah shrugged. "Probably. But I know he'll be there."
   "Damn it! Fuck you, Dak!" Zeke's voice echoed through the halls.
   "I told you I would get you back, sucker!" Dak's voice rang soon after.
   "Ugh, what are we gonna do with them?" Zoey groaned as she face palmed herself.
   "I don't know. Put them on the dark web and sell them." Leah joked.
   "Hmm, not a bad idea."
"We need to decide on what the heck we're going to have for dinner so I know what I have to go shopping for."
"Steak?"
"We had that last night."
"That's not all you had last night." Zoey winked.
Leah blushed and smacked Zoeys arm. "Stop!"
"Seriously, tell me!" Diana said.
"No, you're too young."
"I'm only nineteen soon to be twenty, have we forgotten about that?!"
"Dude. You still look like a freshman in high school. Shut up." Zoey said making Diana pout and go back to playing with Mackenzie.
"I'm gonna ask the guys and see what they want." Leah said as she began to walk out of the room. "And don't tell Diana shit, Zoe."
"Damnit!" Diana said.
Leah went to the game room to see Zeke and Dak playing Call of Duty.
"Boo." she said. He didn't pay attention, he kept his focus on the game. "Babe." she said a little louder, still the same thing. "Baby!"
"Not now, love! We're almost done!" Zeke said as he bit his lip, him and Dak trying to kill the zombies.
"I just want to know what you guys want for dinner so I could go and get it." he didn't pay attention. "Zeke!"
"Babe, we're playing a game!"
"Zeke, you're gonna get eaten, dumbass!" Dak said.
"Oh, shit! Thanks, man!"
"No problem, I hate losing."
Leah rolled her eyes. "Zeke, come on!"
"I'm playing a game!" he said, quickly motioning his hands at the big TV screen before playing again.
"Better say something or else, Ezekiel." he didn't respond. She clicked her tongue then bit the inside of her cheek. "Alright, you leave me no choice." she went up to the x-box and unplugged it.
"No!" Zeke and Dak shouted.
"Babe! What the heck?!" Zeke said.
"What the heck?! How about I was talking and you were flat out ignoring me!"
"I wasn't ignoring you!" he defended.
"I'm just gonna leave." Dak said as he awkwardly walked out of the game room and shut the door.
"Zeke—"
"Leah." he cut her off as he went up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I wasn't ignoring you, I promise. I knew you could figure out dinner, whether me or Dak gave an opinion on it. You can cook whatever the heck you want. You're making it seem like you need my permission to cook or what to make for dinner." he kissed her forehead and leaned into her ear and whispered. "I'm not Isaac. Remember that. I don't have control over you."
She felt her eyes water a little as she hugged him. "I'm sorry."
He shook his head. "No, I was kinda being a dick. You don't have to apologize."
"I was still acting like a bitch."
He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You really need to stop."
   "Nah. I like making you annoyed."
   "What's annoying is how much I'm in love with you."
   "That was cute."
   "Oh, yeah? I made it up at the top of my head."
   "What am I gonna do with you, Elliott?"
   "Nothing." he kissed her forehead. "You have to do nothing. Just let me treat you like the queen that you are."
   "I really don't deserve you."
   "No. Everything that I've done, the  things that I've done makes me unworthy to be where I am now." he cupped her cheek. "You and Kenzie seem to be the only right things that I've done right in my shitty life. You two are my reason of living. You two are my heaven and earth. My world, my life, my everything. If it meant that I would have to live on the streets for you two to smile or to be with you two for one second, I would. You're more valuable than anything in this world. Don't you ever forget that." he gave her a kiss. "Te amo, Leah."
   She smiled. "Te amo, Zekie. You've been working on your Spanish."
   "Espanol, amor."
   She smiled a little. "Potato, rosado."
   "Didn't you get mad at me for saying it like that?"
   "I'm just recycling your words, Zeke."
   He smiled and kissed her.
   There was a knock on the door.
   "Can Leah go shopping now for food? We're starving." Diana said as she knocked. "Ow!"
   "They're having a moment!" Zoey said.
   "You know they can hear us, right?" Dak said.
   Leah and Zeke chuckled a little.
   "We better get to them." Leah said turning around.
   "Wait." Zeke said.
    "Wha—" she started as she turned around, only to be met with his lips crashing hers. He pulled away to see her with a big smile that she tired to contain. "That was nice."
   He smiled at her. "Okay, now we can go."
"Oh, wait."
His smile grew, expecting another kiss. "Yes?"
She looked at him with a neutral expression. "You gave me a hickey."
He looked at her confused. "No, I didn't."
"On the back of my neck?"
"Nooo." he lied.
"Zeke, seriously?"
"I couldn't help it. I just wanted to. I could make you look like a cheetah if you like."
"I think I had enough of Zeke the freak last night."
"And yet you still want more."
   She rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna take Mackenzie with me to go and get dinner—"
"We want to come!" Diana shouted again. "Ow! Again?!"
"Can you shut up already?!" Zoey said.
"Seriously, they can hear us." Dak said.
Leah shook her head. "And I'll take my sisters with me too."
"Okay. Let me—"
"Don't even think about giving me any money either."
He raised his hands up in self defense. "Then have a good time with them. I'll get you your keys and wallet from the room. Though I'm not overly fond of you driving."
   "Then I'll let Zoey drive then. Will that satisfy you?"
   "Very much so, yes." he nodded.
He opened the door to see Diana, Zoey, and Dak standing there. He looked at them with an are-you-kidding-me? look.
The three chuckled awkwardly.
"Hey, bro-in-law." Zoey sheepishly smiled.
"Mhm." he hummed with a raised brow. He then walked away to his room for Leah's things.
"Where's Mackenzie?" Leah asked as she placed her hands on her hips.
"Still having tummy time." Diana said.
"Go to my car, I'm gonna get Mackenzie then we can go."
The two walked away as Dak stood there awkwardly. "What do I do?"
"Just wait in here for Zeke."
"I can do that."
Leah walked to Mackenzie's room, seeing her trying to lift her head and chest off the floor. Leah gasped. "No, no, no, no!"
Zeke rushed in the room. "Is everything okay?"
"She's too tiny to be trying to lift her body." Leah said with a puckered lip.
He looked at Mackenzie and pouted. "My princess is trying to become a big girl. I ain't having it."
Leah took out her phone and began to record Mackenzie. Mackenzie looked at Leah then looked at Zeke and smiled.
"At least I'm her favorite." Zeke smirked.
"Lies. Nothing but lies from you." she said as she stopped recording. She picked Mackenzie up. "I'm going to change her, then we'll go."
"You're sisters are waiting for you in the heat."
She shrugged. "Oh, well. Their problem, not mine."
"And you still have a hickey."
"Shit. You're right. I'll put foundation on it."
"Or . . . " he gently took Mackenzie out of her arms and held her. "You take care of that and I'll handle Kenzie."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure. Hundred percent." he kissed her forehead. "Now, go. Before Zeke the freak attacks again."
"Don't you dare." Leah began to walk out the room.
"I love you."
"I love you."