Chapter Nineteen

"You want to have a party?" Dak said with a raised brow.
   "A surprise party. For Leah." Zeke said.
   "Zeke, this is Leah we're talking about. She's not gonna be too fond of it."
"I know she hates surprises, of course I do. But I want to do something nice for her. She never gets to relax much or have friends over, ever since she decided to keep Kenzie."
"And you think a party will help? Knowing she hates parties." he said with a raised brow.
"It's just to getting everyone around her to be there to show they support her."
   "Wow. We have two different definitions of a party."
Zeke looked at him with a deadpanned expression. "Just, why? Why? Why do you have to be a buzz kill?"
"I'm not trying, I'm just saying the truth. And I think you shouldn't do this."
"You wouldn't do the same for Zoey?"
"If I want her to relax and let loose, I would take her somewhere. Or even run her a warm and nice bath and give her a massage as she drank some wine and I would put on a movie for her."
"I was planning on doing that after. And give her a nice piece of cheesecake."
"I swear, you're dense sometimes."
"I did nothing wrong. She thinks that she's alone and no one supports her. I just want everyone who loves and cares for her to be there and show her wrong."
"I don't know, man. But when she's mad at you, don't say I didn't warn you."
"I'm sure I'll have nothing to worry about. Though, hopefully she'll have an excuse to leave and we can put everything up."
"I don't know too much about that."
"I need to get a list of people ready, get decorations—"
"And how are you supposed to hide all that? Can't be at her place cause you two like to hop back and fourth from one another's home."
He looked at Dak with a big grin. "Dak! Dak-oo! Dak-aroo! Dakie! My main man!"
   "You're not keeping the things at my place."
   "Why you gotta be like that?!"
   "Dude, her sister practically lives with me. And since Diana has decided to come down to Texas, she's been at my place too. And she doesn't know how to keep her mouth zipped when it comes to surprises."
   "You're right about that . . . "
   "Why can't you just keep it in one of your cars?"
   "Cause I haven't tinted some of the windows. And she's been in all of them and she somehow leaves something she needs in one of them."
   "Okay, uhm . . . What about your attic?"
   "I love Leah with all my heart. But I'm not going up there. I fucking hate it up there."
   "Well, shit, what are we supposed to do?"
   "I think Cee might help."
   "He's been busy and has been having a lot of people in and out of his home . . . But, there is someone else who might help . . . "
   "Who?"
   "Don't be mad—"
   "No. We're not going to him."
   "Dude, you know he'll help."
   "And I know he has feelings for my girl. No."
   "Well . . . "Dak sighed. "We'll just put it in my attic. I'm not as scared of it as you are."
   "Thank you, I really appreciate it."
   "And I'm really gonna regret this."

   "My head has been killing me lately." Leah grumbled as she held her head.
   "It's just a headache, it'll pass by." Zeke said as he sat down next to her, handing her a mug with tea in it.
   "Thank you." she smiled before she blew it a little then took a drink. She hummed in satisfaction. "This warms my soul."
   "Glad it does." he smiled.
   She cringed a little.
   "Are you okay?" he asked with a worried expression.
   "Yeah, I am. My boobs just hurt."
   "Is that normal?"
   "For me, it kind of is. Hopefully they're not growing again, cause they're big enough. But it could just be a sign I'm getting closer to my period."
   "Probably."
   She scrunched her nose as she placed her mug on the coffee table. "Did you warm up some fish?"
   "Yeah, I did. Do you want any?"
   "No. I don't really want any at the moment."
   "Okay. Does the smell bother you?"
   "A little, yeah."
   "I'll spray some fabreeze or something then."
   "Thank you." she smiled. "I am going to feed Mack while you eat your fish."
   "Sounds good to me." he smiled then gave her a kiss.
   Leah smiled at him as he walked away. She stood up and inhaled sharply at the pain in her lower back. Her hand immediately went to that spot and began to try and rub it away.
"Ugh, I gotta see a chiropractor or something." she muttered.
She heard Mackenzie start crying from her room.
"Hang on, Mack, I'm coming!" she said as she began to make her way to Mackenzie's room.
She walked into the room, seeing Mackenzie standing in her crib, holding onto the railing to help her stand.
"Hey, baby. Are you hungry? I'm gonna make you your bottle real quick." Leah said as she held an empty bottle then poured water in it. She then put the powdered formula in the the bottle and shook it. "Okay, here you go." she handed the bottle to Mackenzie.
Mackenzie took the bottle and began to feed herself. Leah sat on the rocking chair and began to rub her head. Feeling her headache come back.
"Babe?" she opened her eyes and saw Zeke standing at the door. "Are you okay?"
She gave him a weak smile and nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just my head."
"You're head has been bugging you lately, are you sick again?"
"No, I don't think so. I feel fine, it's just my head and my back a little."
"Your back?"
"Yeah. Probably cause of you."
He rolled his eyes with a light smirk. "Stand up and let me see."
She stood and pulled up her shirt. She felt his fingers trace her back a little examining it.
"Your hands are cold."
"Sorry. But you have a little bruise on your back. Did you hit it against something?"
"Probably when you went to Dak's place. I was with Mack and I backed myself into the counter."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
She dropped her shirt. "I didn't think that I would be getting back pains from it."
"Well, we'll put some ice on it then."
She sat back down on the rocking chair and hissed a little in pain.
"Can you get me an ice pack?"
"Yeah, of course. I'll be right back." he then walked out the room.
Mackenzie stood up in her crib again. She looked at Leah and smiled, going up and down as she babbled.
"Hey, gorgeous girl."
She laughed as she continued to go up and down.
"Here." Zeke held out a ice pack wrapped, small towel wrapped around it.
"Thank you." Leah smiled as she took it then placed it on her back.
"I got a wrap too. If you want to put that on as well."
"Yeah, let me stand up." she nodded.
She stood up, cringing as she did. She lifted her shirt. He began to wrap it around her her lower back to a little below her waist. He grabbed the ice pack and placed it under the wrap.
"There, it'll stay." he kissed her head.
"Thank you. I'm ready to sleep. My head is kicking my butt right now."
"Okay. Go lay down, I got Kenzie." he gave her a kiss. "I love you."
"I love you." she then walked away to the room.
She sat on the bed and cringed. She layed down on her side and began to close her eyes.