Chapter Four

It has now been a few weeks since Leahs and Zeke met and they only grew closer and closer. He was playing the Raiders and . . . he was not happy. Leah waited outside the locker room for Zeke, and just from his face when he walked out, he was not in the mood.
   "Zeke, hey!" Leah said.
   Zeke looked at her then continued walking.
   "Where are you going?" Leah asked following after him. "Zeke?"
   "Leah, please—"
   "I'm just trying to check on you."
   "I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me."
   "I can't help it—"
   "Leah, you're not my mom. You're not my dad. You're not my sister. You don't have to worry or check on me like I'm a baby or something!"
   "I know—"
   "I can't handle this right now." he shook his head as he pushed back some of his hair out of his face. Leah flinched away a little, worry covering her face. Zeke was too mad and frustrated to notice anything. "I'm just gonna go home and have thanksgiving with my family. Bye." he then walked away.
   "O—Okay. Bye" she said sadly with a sad wave.
   She sighed to herself knowing that he blames himself since he hasn't been playing like how he did beginning of the season. His knee had been bugging him and he hates that. Ever since they lost to the Broncos, Zeke had been out of it. They threw Pollard in games more than Zeke. Zeke would get little over four or five yards.

Leah: Zeke, I'm sorry
Leah: I didn't mean to be annoying, I just care too much, you know?
Leah: Please text me back
Leah: I didn't mean to make you more upset
Leah: I guess you won't talk to me anymore, and it's okay
Leah: I'm sorry, again

Leah sat in her car, sighing as she layed her head back. She tossed her phone in the cup holders and covered her face then began to rub it. There was a knock at her window making her jump. She looked at saw Parsons. She rolled down the window.
"Hey, what's up?" Leah asked.
"Hey, I saw you looking sad, so . . . I came here to check on you." Parsons said, forearms leaning on the car.
"Yeah, I'm fine. No need to worry, lion." Leah chuckled lightly.
"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to join me and Malcolm for Thanksgiving dinner, if you don't already have plans."
"No. I don't, dinner sounds lovely. Zoey is going to Daks home for thanksgiving. Do, I would have been alone because I declined the invite. And, it would be nice to meet Malcolm in person too."
"That's right, you haven't met him yet."
"We've only talked when you'd call me." Leah lightly chuckled.
Parsons nodded his head with a light laugh. "Yeah, that's true."
"What about the rest of your family?"
"They're still at home in Pennsylvania."
"So it's just you and Malcom this year?"
"Yeah, but you're gonna be there too."
"I am. I could drop you off to your car, then I could follow you from there?"
"Okay," Parsons smiled then walked to the other side of the car and sat in the passenger side and put on his seat belt. "So, why are you sad?"
"I said I'm fine."
"And whenever a woman says they're fine, they're really not. So, I'm here to listen." Parsons said, giving her his full attention.
She took a breath and released it as she started the engine and began to drive. "It's about Zeke."
"What about him?"
"Well, he's been out of it since he hurt his knee. And the loss to the Broncos, Chiefs, and, now, the Raiders, he's been different a little. You know?"
   "Yeah, I do. Some of the guys think it's more than that though."
   "What do mean?"
   "Some say it's his ex, others think it's something else but can't exactly pin point it."
   "Well, whatever it is, he needs to get it out of his head. If he wants to make it to pro bowl, get you guys to play offs, hell, even if you guys make it to super bowl, he needs to get his mind back on track."
   "Dak has been trying to talk to him too."
   "I just don't want him to do anything stupid and reckless that'll hurt him."
   "Hey, I think he'll be okay. For now, why don't we just focus on the awesome day me, you, and Malcolm are going to have."
   "You're right. And we have now dropped you off at your car."
   "Thank you, m'lady." Parsons smiled giving his best British accent.
   "That was so bad." Leah laughed.
   Parsons laughed. "Yeah, I know. But it let me see your gorgeous smile again."
   Leah blushed a little as she gave a little chuckle. "Get to your car, humble beast. I know you don't know how to cook anything."
   "I know how to cook. Just not that well."
   "Don't worry, I'll help you."
   Parsons smiled again. "Thank you, just follow me."
   He got out of Leahs car and got in his car. He started the engine and began to drive with Leah following behind. Not long after, they made it to his house. They both parked and got out of their cars. Leah followed Parsons to his front door. He unlocked his door.
   "Mrs. Perry? I'm home." Parsons said as they walked in.
   "Ah, Micah! Malcolm is coloring in the living room." Mes. Perry smiled as she walked up to him.
   "Thank you again for watching him while I played."
   "Of course." she smiled then looked at Leah and smirked. "Is she the one you keep on talking about all the time?"
   Leah looked at him wide eyed and brows raised.
   "I wouldn't say all the time. Maybe every once in a while."
   Mrs. Perry rolled her eyes then leaned into Leahs ear. "If once in a while is practically twenty-four seven, then, yes."
   Leah laughed a little.
   "Ha, ha, ha, you're very humorous, Mrs. Perry." Parsons said sarcastically with an eye roll. "Go and spend time with you're family."
   Mrs. Perry smiled. "Okay, I'll go." she gave Parsons a hug. "I'll see you later, dear."
   Parsons hugged her back. "Bye. Tell Roger I said hi, too."
   "Will do. Bye." she smiled at Leah and gave her a hug. "Sorry, I'm a hugger."
Leah laughed a little as she hugged her back. "I don't mind."
"It was lovely to finally meet the face of what he described. And she's more gorgeous than what you said, Micah."
"For sure, words can barely even cover her beauty." Parsons smiled.
Leah blushed a little.
"I'll see you two later, bye."
"Bye, ma'am." Leah smiled.
"Bye, Mrs. Perry, and thanks again." Parsons smiled.
"Anytime." she smiled as she closed the door behind her.
Parsons grabbed a coat that was hanging. "Three, two, one."
Mrs. Perry rushed back in. "I forgot my—" she began to laugh a little seeing Parsons holding it out for her. She took it and put it on. "Thank you, bye."
"Bye."
She left again and Parsons closed the door, locking it. He grabbed Leahs hand, leading her to the living room.
"Malcolm, I'm home." Parsons smiled.
"Dad!" Malcolm smiled running in Parsons direction.
Parsons let go of Leahs hand as he knelt down and had his arms open for Malcolm. Malcolm ran into his arms hugging him tight and Parsons hugged him, giving him a kiss on his forehead.
"Hey, you remember my friend that I would tell you about?" Parsons asked and Malcolm nodded his head. "This is her. Leah, this is the light of my life, Malcolm. Malcolm, this is my friend, Leah."
"Hi, Malcolm, you're just the cutest thing, aren't you?" Leah said.
"You're pretty." Malcolm smiled.
Leah chuckled lightly with a smile. "And you're very handsome. Just like your dad."
Parsons smiled. "You go back to coloring bud, we'll start cooking, okay?"
"Okay, dad." Malcolm smiled as Parsons put him on his feet.
Malcolm ran to his coloring book and continued to color.
"He's definitely more adorable in person." Leah whispered to Parsons.
"More than Aaiden?" Parsons asked.
"Oh, they've definitely tied. Can't say one is more adorable than the other."
Parsons playfully rolled his eyes. "Come on, let's just get cooking."