Chapter Five

"Why would I go? You know I hate those things!" Leah grumbled as she flopped on Zeke's bed.
"Come on, it won't be that bad." Zeke said going through his shirts.
"You've said that before, and—"
"Aye, aye! It's not my fault you decided to agree to a stupid bet and jump into the pool, fully clothed, and almost break your arm." Zeke defended.
"And now I'm stuck wearing this brace." Leah said holding up the brace.
"To be fair, everyone did go crazy during the Saints victory party."
"And now I'm wearing it during the victory Monday party, that Dak, took upon himself, to throw for this weeks win over the Giants."
"That also means no more agreeing to bets, babe." Zeke said walking out of his closet with two shirts in hand.
"But I get too competitive and you know I hate when they kept on calling me a chicken and all that jazz."
"Then be the bigger person and ignore it."
Leah rolled her eyes.
"Now, white or red?"
"Are you wearing your denim jacket?"
"Yeah, the ones that match these pants."
"Then, yeah, white. Plus, it brings out your smile more."
"Aww, you're too sweet."
"Aye, I have my sour moments."
"Moments?" Zeke teased with a smile.
"Wow, hardy-har-har!" Leah laughed sarcastically.
"Hey, those moments are cute too."
"Just put on a shirt to cover your gorgeous abs." Leah said going on her phone.
"Oh, my abs are gorgeous now." Zeke said with a devilish smirk, his face hovering over hers.
   Leah rolled her eyes. "They've always been."
   "This eight pack is nothing compared to you." he winked.
   "Gosh, you're so cheesy."
   "I know you want to touch them. Go ahead."
  "Nah, I'm chilling with my flabs." Leah said patting her stomach.
   Zeke scoffed. "Where? You're literally perfect."
   "Even perfection has its flaws somewhere."
   Zeke rolled his eyes. "I'll believe that when I see it."
   "Can you put on a shirt already?" Leah said shoving his face out of hers.
"Okay, okay." Zeke laughed as he stood straight putting on his shirt.
Leah watched him as he put on his shirt. He tugged a little on the end of the shirt and began to straighten it out , trying to rid of any wrinkles. He pulled out his chains from underneath his shirt. Zeke saw her looking from the corner of his eye.
"Like what you see or what?"
"Eh, it's okay, I guess." Leah shrugged as she went back on her phone.
"Oh, really? Just 'okay?' We both know you're telling lies." Zeke said, crawling over her, him now hovering over her.
"I'd like to say 'no,' but I was taught that it's bad to lie."
"We both know you want me."
"And we both know you can't handle me." Leah winked.
Zeke shook his head bitting his lip, getting turned on a little. "You are going to be the death of me woman."
"Well, you, Mr. Elliott, are most definitely going to be the death of me. Making me go to a party. It feels like we're only celebrating because Dak's finally dating my sister."
"Or it could also be because we beat the Giants, are going to smash Washington, again. And it's an early Christmas party since we're going to be practicing most of this week, so by the time we play the Cardinals, we're prepared."
"That game isn't until after next week." Leah deadpanned.
"I know, baby."
"So, can you get off of me now? That way we can go to Dak's place?"
"Yes, ma'am." Zeke said getting up.
Leah then got off of his bed as well.
He was about to walk out of his room but then realization hit him. "Hang on a sec." he went back into his closet and began to look through his rack of various of chains, necklaces, watches, and other accessories, till he finally found it and took it.
"Got whatcha needed?" Leah asked as he walked out of his closet.
"I do." he held out a thin sliver chain with a sliver heart hanging on it.
"Oh, it's one of your favorite chains that you got from your mom."
"Yup! That I want you to wear." Zeke said walking towards her.
"Oh, no, Zeke, I couldn't! It's too special!"
"And you're special to me." Zeke said, now standing behind her. "Please, move your hair."
Leah lifted her curled hair, so Zeke could clip it around her neck. "Is that the only reason why you want me to wear it?"
"That, and I don't want anyone, mainly Parsons, to try and take you from me." Zeke said, done clipping it, and Leah let her hair fall down. "I should let you wear my twenty-one chain too." Zeke said about to walk back to his closet.
"Zeke, no!" Leah said quickly grabbing his arm making him stop. "This one is more than enough for me to wear."
"Can't let anyone try and take you from me."
"I don't think anyone can take your best friend spot, Zekie."
Zeke felt his heart clench.
Right . . . We're just friends and nothing more. Zeke thought to himself sadly.
Just friends. Can't be anything more. Most definitely don't want to be anything less. Though being with him would be so wonderful. Leah thought to herself sadly, her own comment hurting her.
   "Shall we go now, m'lady?" Zeke smiled as he held out an arm for her.
   "Indeed we shall." she smiled as she took it and they left to Dak's.
The ride was a peaceful silence with the windows down and them enjoying each other's company. Zeke driving with his spare sun glasses and Leah wearing his other pair. The sun light was a beautiful golden, which Zeke loved the way it looked on Leah. The way her hair flowed in the breeze as they drove.
Zeke smiled a little as he looked at her. He looked back at the road ahead of himself. Pretty soon, the duo found themselves at Daks home. Leah looked at it in awe, it being even bigger than what her sibling had described it. Zeke parked the car and they walked to Dak's home. Zeke opened Dak's door with the spare key and walked in like nothing.
"Aye, Dak! Where you at, man?!" Zeke said, his voice echoing though the huge home.
"In my room! Be down in a minute!" Dak's voice rang from upstairs.
"And by minute, he means another hour." Zoey joked as she walked up to them.
"Trouble in paradise already?" Zeke teased as he hugged her.
"Pft, you wish. We're happily together."
"We're happy for you." Leah said as she hugged her sister.
"Tell that to your friend with benefits."
Leah gave her a deadpanned looked.
"I'm kidding. I'm kidding." Zoey laughed.
"I mean, you're not wrong." Zeke muttered.
Zoey looked at him wide eyed. "Excuse me?"
"He's kidding. He doesn't know when to keep his fat mouth shut. I'm about to sew it shut for him." Leah said.
"Who's sewing who's mouth?" Dak asked as he went behind Zoey and wrapped his arms around her.
"Leahs sewing Zeke's mouth." Zoey said as she placed her arms over his.
"Be doing everyone a favor."
"Hey!" Zeke glared.
"It's true." Dak shrugged.
"Everyone loves when I talk! Right, babe?" Zeke asked, wrapping an arm around Leahs shoulder.
"I will sew your mouth, right here, right now."
Zeke quickly let go of Leah and took a step away from her. Dak shook his head at his love struck best friend.
"I am going to feed the dogs real quick. I'll be right back." Dak gave Zoey a quick kiss on her cheek, then walked away.
"So, who's ready to help with a party?" Zoey asked.
"I was brought here against my will. So, I don't think I should do anything." Leah said.
"Too bad. You can start by putting up that victory Monday sign."
"I guess." Leah said as she grabbed the sign. But then stopped and looked at Zoey. "How am I supposed to put this up, exactly?"
"Here, use these hooks." Zoey said tossing the hooks to Leah, who caught them.
   Leah then walked away to look for a good empty wall to hang it.
   "So, you gonna ask her out or what?" Zoey asked, once Leah was a good distance away.
   "You really think I'm gonna do that? You must be tripping, Zoe. What has Dak been feeding you?" Zeke said as he looked at the different decorations for the party.
"I'm just saying, you two would be a power couple. Well, next to me and Dak, of course." Zoey shrugged a shoulder.
Zeke looked at her with a deadpanned expression and shook his head. Zeke grabbed a party horn and blew it in her face.
"I could beat you."
"Yeah, but then I wouldn't be able to play this week."
"Okay, and?"
"You are such a jerk."
"You can't talk to your future sister-in-law like that. You need to stop with your little attitude." Zoey joked.
"I can talk to whoever I want in whatever way I want. I'm gonna give everyone attitude!"
"Okay, I'm done! What now?" Leah said walking towards them.
"Nothing, you can sit down and relax." Zeke smiled sweetly.
Leah raised a brow and looked between the two.
"What did I miss?" Dak asked with a big smile walking towards the group.
"I don't know, they were going back and fourth about something." Leah shrugged.
"Well, we need to finish setting up for the party."
"I already put up the sign."
"Sign? I didn't want a sign up."
Leahs face fell. "What?"
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Dak laughed. "Thank you."
"Yeah, yeah. I'm not doing anything for you anymore. Forget you, bro." Leah said shaking her head.
Dak continued to laugh at Leah.
"I'm serious. Putting up that sign was a work out. I'm gonna sit on my fat ass, and not get up." Leah said sitting on a chair near the island counter.
Zeke went up to her and threw her over his shoulder. "Nope, you're getting your pretty little ass up and help."
"Ah! Put me down, Zeke!" Leah said. "My head doesn't need to be this close to your bubble butt!!"
Zeke laughed. "M—My what?"
"Your bubble butt! Look at it! Jiggle, jiggle!" Leah laughed then smacked his butt.
"Aye! Take it easy with the money maker!" Zeke laughed.
"Its still jiggling. How is that possible?"
"I was born with it, and I make it bigger by doing more squats than what I used to do."
"Are we seriously back to this whole Fiona and Shrek thing?"
"I'm sorry, what?" Dak said confused.
"None of your business." Zeke deadpanned.
"Can you let me go now?" Leah said, her elbow on his back and her chin in her hand.
"Hang on." Zeke said, he then spun around making her scream a little and grip him. "Just gonna get you dizzy!"
"Why?!"
"Cause why not?!"
After a few more spins, Zeke finally put her down. Leah tried to stand, but she kept on losing her balance and quickly grabbed his arm.
"You're such a jerk, Elliott."
   "I am? No, that's all you, babe."
   "Oh, no, no, no. That's all you, boo." Leah said shaking her head.
   "You two are so cute together." Dak said with a big smile on the other side of the island, his head propped up with his hand.
   "Not now, babe." Zoey said, patting his back.
   "But they are."
   "They are."
   "But, however, we're the superior couple." Dak said then kissed her cheek.
   Zoey shrugged with a cocky grin. "You're right."
   "Can we just continue decorating, please?" Leah deadpanned, finally regaining her balance.
   "Alright, alright, come on, then." Zeke said.