Chapter Fifteen

Leah woke up, stretching a little. She saw Zeke was not in bed anymore. She stood, knowing where he most likely was. She walked into Mackenzie's room, and there he was. Sitting in the rocking chair, Mackenzie lying asleep on his chest. She smirked once she saw him asleep too.
She made her way towards him and gently took Mackenzie off of him, trying not to disturb him too much. But he quickly woke with a worried expression. His face fell to relief once he saw Mackenzie in Leah's arms.
"Don't do that. You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I dropped her." Zeke said, placing his hand on his chest.
Leah chuckled a little as she gently layed Mackenzie down in her bed. "You probably would have, had I not been here. How long have you been in here?"
   He yawned a little as he rubbed his face. "Mmm, sometime around six or seven in the morning."
   "So, around an hour after we kept Mackenzie in the room?"
   "Pretty much, yeah. You were asleep, so I took her back in here."
"Thank you." she smiled. "Well, I'm lazy to cook and you're still tired, I'm just gonna Uber us some food."
"Ooo, what do you want to get?"
   "Something that serves burgers and fries this early."
   "Leah, breakfast not dinner."

"You've been here before me, wouldn't you know what to get?" Leah asked.
"Yeah, but sometimes I like to try something different. So, today is one of those days." Zeke shrugged.
Leah nodded her head as she began to scan the menu again.
"I'm getting this cheeseburger and fries, the picture makes it look good." Leah smirked as she nodded her head.
Zeke laughed a little. "We're supposed to be getting breakfast not dinner."
Leah shrugged. "Oh, well. A girls gotta eat. And she wants this burger and fries that keep on calling her name."
Zeke shook his head with a laugh. "We'll get two of them. Because now it's starting to sound pretty good."
Leah smirked a little. "Precisely, Zekie!"

   She shook her head a little. "It still sounds amazing."
   "It does, you're lucky I'm hungry." he said as he took out his phone. "I'll get us something from my favorite little cafe."
   "Who said you're buying it?"
   "Uhm, me. I did."
   "Nope, my house, my rules. You're not paying."
   He fake gasped. "Oh, no. I already bought it. Leah, I'm so sorry."
   She stared at him with a deadpanned expression. "I can't stand you."
"Stop lying to yourself. You know you love and can't resist me." he said, giving a big smile and batting his eyes.
"This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen you do."
"Nah, I've done weirder."
"Wouldn't be surprised." she said as she playfully rolled her eyes.
"Wow, nice to know you think so highly of me." he said sarcastically.
"I know, right?!" she smiled.
He laughed a little. "Let's leave the princess to sleep."
"Right." she said in a hushed tone. "We gotta be quiet and tippy toe."
He shook his head as he got out the rocking chair. He stretched, his body making cracking noises. Leah looked at him wide eyed.
   "Damn." she muttered.
   Zeke froze once he heard Mackenzie make a little noise. He quietly walked to her crib and checked on her. He began to slowly back away, once he saw she was still asleep. Him and Leah quietly made their way out of the room.
   Leah shut the door and let out a breath. "We made it out. Thank goodness."
"Making it seem like we went into war."
"Keeping a baby asleep is like war."
"Alright, fair point."
   "Let's go in the living room and watch a movie."
   "And wait for our food."
Leahs stomach growled, making her blush. "Please be soon." she muttered.
Zeke laughed a little.

"This is heaven." Leah smiled as she ate her burger.
"No kidding." Zeke smiled.
He was about to bite his burger, but then they heard Mackenzie.
"I got her, big daddy. You've had her more than me." Leah said as she stood.
"But you're still hungry."
"And so is she. She eats fast, it'll be fine. Be right back." she said then walked away.
Zeke turned back to his food and began to eat it.
This kind of reminds me of the old times. When we both were carefree and all. Who would have thought that just one little moment in a persons life would have a huge one on others. Zeke thought. I miss her. When she had her memories, obviously. It all felt so natural and now . . . I don't know . . . It all kind of feels so . . . different and . . . weird. I really hate change.
Zeke heard Leah walking back towards him. He saw Mackenzie in her arms.
"I was thinking, we could go to your place later. We could have a little fire or something, watch movies, have s'mores and all that." Leah smiled.
"We could do that here."
"I don't have a fire pit, remember? Plus, I want to see the dogs."
"Why? So they can forget my existence as always when you're around?"
"Ha, they don't bother you." Leah smiled.
"They'll be around me if I have Kenzie. They're her guard dogs."