Chapter Three

It was now five in the morning and Zeke woke up to his loud as hell alarm. He groaned as he smacked his phone thinking it would turn it off. He lifted his head, his eyes slightly open, glaring at his phone.
   "Why can't you just let me sleep?" Zeke groaned as he turned his alarm off then let his head fall in his pillow. "Maybe I am monstrous for waking up this early. I'm just doing this to myself."
   Zeke got out of bed, going to his closet. He grabbed a pair of sweats, a cowboys muscle shirt, and a hoodie then changed into those. He went into his kitchen and saw Hoppie.
"Hey, man." Zeke yawned.
"Hey. I made you a simple chicken salad with strawberries, almonds, walnuts, carrots, tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce." Hoppie yawned in reply.
"Why do chiefs always say what they put in the food? I put five grams of something into the thing, then cooked it for thirty-four minutes. Just let me eat my food!" Zeke laughed.
Hoppie shrugged. "I don't know, in all honesty. It makes us seem sus because we could have put poison in it too."
"You saying that, makes me not want to eat it. And a salad for breakfast?"
"Shut up. Just be happy you have me to cook for today then I have Lamb tomorrow. Aye, and thanks for letting me crash here, last night."
   "Aye, no problem. And you can leave whenever, I'm gonna take my mom and sisters out for dinner after they come here." Zeke chuckled as he grabbed his phone then pressed the messages app, clicking on his mother's contact.

Zeke: Let me know later when you and the girls are getting ready for the plane.

His mother didn't take that long to respond.

Momma🥰: I will. Will we be seeing the famous Leah when we get there???🤨😏

Zeke: Probably not😂

Momma🥰: The girls aren't going to be too happy about that😆

Zeke: I know. But you guys don't always HAVE to meet every woman that comes into my life😂

Momma🥰: Well, I am your mother, so it is my job

Zeke: Not all the time🙄

Momma🥰: Whatever you say. Is the girl even real?

Zeke: Sometimes I wonder if she is

Momma🥰: Wow, THAT special, huh?

Zeke: Yes, text me later when you and the girls leave

Momma🥰: Okay, love you❤️

Zeke: Love you too, mom❤️

   After finishing his lovely morning salad, he threw in his practice jersey over his hoodie, and grabbed his bag for practice. He then drove himself Cowboys stadium, aka the Star, where he saw Brown now pulling in to the parking lot. He gave a little wave, which Brown gave in return and continued his way to the gym. He walked into the gym where Dak was talking with Cooper.
   "Hey, man." Dak smiled.
   "Hey, Dak. Sup, Coop." Zeke smiled as he gave them both a bro hug.
   "Hey." Cooper smiled.
   "So, how was your date?" Dak smirked making Cooper go wide eyed.
   "You had a date?! Damn, Zeke."
   Zeke rolled his eyes shoving Coopers shoulder a little. "Shut up, bro."
   "Hey, you haven't given me much of an update on your life since the season started."
   "Then be happy you know this information."
   "But I need details."
   "Me too." Dak laughed.
   "Hey, guys." Lamb and Diggs smiled as they walked towards the trio.
   "What's going on?" Diggs asked.
   "Zeke went on a date." Dak said making Zeke glare at him a little.
   Lamb and Diggs looked at Zeke stunned. "Damn!"
   "It was not a date. Do you you guys hear me? Not a date." Zeke said.
   "Uh, huh. Keep telling yourself that." Lamb teased.
   Zeke rolled his eyes. "Come on, before McCarthy chews us out for missing practice. We do have a game in two days."
   "Who we playin'?"
   "Vikings." Dak said.
   "Ight. We should get this." Diggs smiled.
    "At least we aren't playing you're brother this season." Cooper laughed.
   "Yeah, or else I'll be running circles around that fool."
   "What the hell are you five doin' right here? Get your asses on the field. Be happy it's me and not McCarthy." Durde said as he interrupted the fives conversation.
   "Take it easy, Captain British. We were on our way right now." Diggs laughed.
   Durde rolled his eyes at his oh-so-funny nickname that the team gave him.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just get your asses out on that field, now." Durde said, pointing at the door.
"Whatever you say, coach." Cooper shrugged.
"Aye, is Gallup gonna watch us practice again?" Zeke asked as they began to walk to the field.
Durde shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't see him. His leg is probably bothering him."
"Bold of you to assume, coach." Gallup said as he walked up to them with Schultz by his side.
"Hey, man!" Dak smiled as they exchanged a hug.
"Hey."
"Here to watch or play with us?" Zeke teased as they hugged.
"Ha, ha, very funny, Zeke." Gallup said rolling his eyes unamused.
"Your start practice with us next week, right?" Diggs asked.
"Yeah. But Falcons game, expect me there."
"You better be there." Lamb laughed.
"So, who's this mystery girl, Zeke?"
Zeke gave him a confused look. "How do you know about her?"
"Pollard."
"Of course."
"So, what's her name? What's she like? What does she look like? Is she single?" Parsons asked wiggling his brows as he budded into the conversation, wrapping his arms around Gallup's and Diggs shoulders.
   "Her name is Leah. She's funny, kind, caring, and understanding. She's gorgeous. Yes, she's single. But I don't know how she'd feel about you having a whole son, though."
   "She's chill with it." Dak shrugged.
   Zeke looked at him confused. "And how do you know this?"
   "She just told me." Dak said showing his phone.
   Parsons smiled. "Do you have a picture?"
   Zeke gave Dak and look. Dak wasn't paying much attention to his obviously jealous best friend.
   "Sure." Dak shrugged, showing him a picture of her.
    Parsons grabbed the phone and went wide eyed and smirked a little as he zoomed in on her. "Hello, Leah. She is beautiful! Wow! And Zeke basically snatched her?!"
   "I know, right?!" Diggs said looking at the picture as well as Lamb, Gallup, and Cooper.
   "Hot damn, she's beautiful!" Cooper said. "Is that her friend? Cause she's fine too!"
   "Nope, I got dibs on the sister." Dak said taking his phone back.
   "I'm gonna follow her, now." Parsons said, taking his phone out of the pocket of his hoodie.
   "Aye, back off, man." Zeke laughed a little.
   Parsons showed his phone to Zeke. "Too late."
   "Wow. Thanks for the support."
   "Wow, and she immediately follows back! I got a good feeling about her. How old is she, anyways?"
   "She turned twenty-two in June."
"Oooo, I just turned twenty-two in May! Aye-o!"
"No." Zeke deadpanned.
Parsons laughed a little. "You're just mad because you think don't have a shot, huh?"
"Bro, just stop."
"Hey! Get all of your asses on that field, now!" McCarthy yelled at the group.
   They all went wide eyed and sped walked to the field apologizing.
"I blame you." Diggs whispered to Zeke.
"All of you shouldn't have been so damn nosy then." Zeke said.
Lamb opened his mouth but then immediately shut it, not being able to find a rebuttal.
"Exactly, now—"
"All of you, field, go." McCarthy said, cutting Zeke off.
The group then grabbed their helmets.
"And Zeke, I'm gonna text her." Parsons said.
Zeke rolled his eyes as he placed his helmet on his head. "Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night, one-one." he then put on his mouth guard and stood in the huddle on Daks right.
   "Alright, I got the play. Captain America in flight." Dak said.
"What kind of fucking play and play name is that?" Lamb said.
"Shut up, fake to Zeke. Lamb, you go and out run them, like always. I'll throw the ball to Zeke or whoever is open, all right?"
The team nodded their heads.
"Ready?"
"Break!" they all said then got positioned.
The practice team facing them.
   "Wide eighty, set, hut!" Dak shouted.
   The play then started.
Dak faked a pass to Zeke. Zeke ran around all the defense till he was a good five or so yards away from them. Dak quickly threw the football in Zeke's direction before he was tackled down. Zeke caught the ball and began to run to get a first down or maybe even a touchdown. He didn't notice that Vander Esch was hot on his tail.
Zeke saw Lamb running close to them and tossed the ball his way then Vander tackled him to the ground. Lamb ran stupidly fast as always and gained a touchdown.
"Y'all don't want this smoke!" Lamb shouted as he did a celebration dance.
Cooper ran up to him then they did rock, paper, scissors. Lamb beat Cooper by holding rock while Cooper had scissors.
"Ah! Cheater!" Cooper joked.
"You're just a sore loser."
They walked back in laughter.
"That's right! That's right!" Dak cheered for Lamb. "You know our guys can't get you. You're too fucking fast."
"Aye, I'm better than him. The hell you talking about?!" Diggs said walking towards them.
"Dude, you couldn't even intercept Coop during camp." Zeke said.
"I know! Remember when you were being all cocky and shit." Dak laughed.
Diggs stayed silent for a few beats. "Now, that's just low."
They all began to bust out laughing.
   "Hey!" Hardy smiled as he walked to the group.
   "Aye! One-in-one!" Lamb smiled.
   "You guys are not going to let me love it down, aren't you?"
   "Nope!" Diggs said popping out the 'p' with a laugh.
   "Zeke, when are letting me be on the field with you and not Pollard?" Hardy joked.
   "Beat him up or get him hurt. It'll be nice for a change." Zeke joked backed. "Oh, hey, Tony. Didn't see you there."
   "Fuck you, bro." Pollard laughed.
   "Aye, three-seven is getting there." Zeke said making Hardy smile a little with pride.
"Shut up, you're such a jerk."
Zeke shrugged a shoulder with a smile.
"You're getting your family after practice, right?" Dak asked.
"Well, I'm gonna shower and change, then get my family and we're gonna go out for dinner." Zeke said.
"Where you guys going?"
"Pluckers."
"Aye, got room for one more?" Lamb asked jokingly, wrapping an arm around Zekes shoulder.
"You're gonna be paying for yourself."
"You got more money than me, you can squeeze me in."
"Nah, quit playing, man. You're the one with all the dough."
Lamb laughed shoving Zekes shoulder. Zeke rolled his eyes in a playful manner and shoved him back. Lamb, being over dramatic, made himself act like he went tumbling on the ground.
   "Ooo! Oh! Oh, my shoulder! My neck! My back!" Lamb said over dramatically. "I want one hundred and fifty thousand, Zeke! Or seat at Pluckers will do just fine too."
   "Get your dumb ass up, Dee."
   Diggs helped Lamb up.
   "I can't believe you would to that to him." Parsons fake gasped. "Imagine how Leah would feel? Gives me a better shot though! So, I ain't complaining. Wanna hurt someone else?"
   "You wanna be next on that list, rook?" Zeke joked.
"Aye, I know you're stronger than me, don't start trying to tackle."
"You know what, I want a rematch! Where's Cooper? Where's this ass-hat?" Diggs said.
"Right behind you, dumb ass." Cooper deadpanned.
Diggs jumped a little turing around. "You ain't gonna catch them this time, one-nine." Diggs smiled cockily.
"Keep telling yourself that." Cooper rolled his eyes.
   "You ain't gonna catch the ball. Period!"
   "You really think he still ain't gonna catch it?" Dak asked.
   "He ain't." Diggs said sternly.
   "You are so dumb." Zeke muttered.
"Aye! I heard that!"
"You scared, seven?" Cooper teased.
"I ain't scared of shit. You gonna be taking them words back, Coop." Diggs said.
Dak rolled his eyes as he caught the ball Parsons tossed at him. "Alright, I'll be at fourty and you two run from fifty."
"Prepare to be eating your words, Coop." Diggs smirked.
"What ever helps you sleep at night." Cooper smirked.
"Wide eighty. Set, hut!" Dak said then the two ran.
Dak threw the ball in Coopers direction. Cooper caught the ball, Diggs barely missing, and ran like hell, getting a touchdown down.
"Oooooooooooo!!" Cooper shouted as he ran around cheering. "Let's go!! Let's go!! Who's still a loser?! Not me! Woooooooo!"
Diggs rolled his eyes as he took off his helmet. "Aye, shut up, bro! You're lucky my legs are just tired."
"Aren't you supposed to be younger than me, seven?"
"I can still beat your ass, Coop."
"You couldn't even be fast enough to to intercept me. Talking about being able to beat my ass."
"Just watch your back out there, one-nine. Just watch."