Chapter 42 Andy's POV

Nothing at home was making me feel better. I had the constant thought of how shitty of a friend I was rolling through my head. My parents tried their hardest to get myself out of my own head, but nothing helped. I told my guys to take a few days off and I decided to get in the car and just drive.

I had no place in mind and then a couple hours into the drive, I realized that I was headed towards DC. I hadn't been back since the funeral, but it felt like a siren's call was pulling me back. So I just went with it. Probably nothing would help, so I felt like  going with my gut was the best option.

I got into town in the late afternoon. I drove around the sights and still felt that pit in my stomach. So I turned in the direction of Connor's grave. He had always been my sounding board and even if he comes back to haunt me for being the worst friend in the world, maybe it would help. Who knew, but I needed something to get out of my own head. It was driving me insane and the thoughts wouldn't shut up. I pulled into the cemetery. Everything seemed to be in bloom. It was beautiful in a melancholic way. I slowly made my way down the paths until I came to what looked to be Selene's car. My heart leaped in my chest. I parked and looked towards the gravestones to find her slumped over on Connor's plot. I started to slowly walk to her, listening to her as she spoke to the headstone.

"...some hurtful things to us, but I'm trying to be understanding, because I'm sure she is hurting too. It was a few days after the year anniversary of your death and I'm sure she was still reeling from it. The whole ordeal made Andy push away from me. I know he took what she said to heart. Please give him some sign that you still love him. I know he needs it."

She had no idea that I was there listening. I watched as she crumpled into a heap sobbing in front of the headstone. I couldn't help myself as I walked over to her and pulled her into my arms. She was shocked as she jerked her head to look up at me in disbelief and then sobbed harder.

"you-you're he-here? Is this real?" she asked half to me and half to the universe.

I could feel the tears streaming down my own face, "I'm real. I'm here"

We sat like that together as I rocked her back and forth in my arms. Neither one of us able to control the tears.

When we finally came back to reality, I felt Selene touch my face, "I can't believe you're here. Did Josephine tell you where I was?"

I shook my head. "No, I got in the car, started driving and found myself here. Everything in my gut was telling me to come here to see Connor."

Her eyes went wide. "He brought you here." She said in a barely audible whisper.

"I think so" I whispered back as I leaned my head to hers. Holding her felt like the home I had been missing. Every bit of me believe that she was right. I had felt such a pull to here that the only thing that made some bit of sense was that Connor was pulling strings from the afterlife.

I couldn't help but kiss the tear streaks that had marred her face.

"Selene, Can I talk to him alone?"

She looked up at me with her wide eyes brimming with even more tears and nodded. I pulled her to her feet and pulled her back in my arms for a second.

"I meet you at the cars in a second." I said with a slight croak in my voice.

I watched for a second as she walked away. You could see the grief in her body as she walked away. I hated that I was part of the reason that it was back. I had a new determination to see my girl happy again as I turned back to Connor's headstone.

"I never meant for it to happen. All I wanted to do was take care of her for you. I hope you know that. No matter what your parents think, we never went behind your back. We both were hesitant at one point in this relationship. Mine being more recently. I want to give her everything, but I wish there was a way to actually tell you how I felt in hopes that you would understand and give us your blessing." I let out a huge sigh, " She is my everything man. I know she will always have belonged to you first and I never want to ever replace you. You meant the world to both of us, so the memory of you will constantly live on. But I want to do everything in my power to give her the world. I'd like to think you steered me here. I will do right by her. I promise that until my dying day." I crouched down with a hand on the headstone and said a quick prayer.

I hope you can hear me Con.

I couldn't help the tears as I started to full on sob still crouched down in front of him. After a while, I felt Selene wrap her arms around me. I stood and wrapped my arms around her. We stood like that, wrapped up in our grief.

"I'm sorry I left you to deal with everything on your own."

I felt her wipe my cheeks.

"You're here now Andy. That's all that matters and all I care about." She pulled away and grabbed my hand. "Come on, follow me to my parents?"

I nodded and let her lead me away. Grief still marred both of our faces, but for the first time since the whole Davis family explosion, I felt hope for our future.