Prologue

Connor Davis' POV

Connor Davis' POV

10 years earlier

I will never forget seeing the most beautiful girl for the first time across the field in front of my college dorm. It was one of the first sunny days of spring and everyone was outside either just hanging out on the grass or running around playing some sort of game. I had been playing a game of touch football when a head of long shiny dark brown hair swished behind a girl waving towards a group of friends as she walked towards them. She was tall and willowy as if her limbs just flowed around her. I still hadn't seen her face, but I would bet money that she was beautiful just based on how she carried herself. I was so entranced by her that I tripped on my own feet and the guy chasing after me accidentally tackled me in the process.

I got up and immediately started to look for the girl. I finally spotted her hair sitting with her friends. This time she was facing me and I would've won that bet. She was beyond beautiful. She had soft features and a smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose and her big doe eyes were slightly upturned. I knew instantly I needed to talk to her but had no idea without making myself look like a douche.

"No way in hell would she give you the time of day." I heard my friend Mark laugh jarring me out of my stupor.

"You don't know that" our other friend Matt started, "she could be blind." They both burst out laughing while I still just stared. With the ruckus they were causing, her eyes lifted and locked with mine. A flash of anger crossed her face as I became confused. She jumped up and stalked over to us. While she looked beyond pissed I still couldn't get over how beautiful she was or how I could not see that her eyes were a vivid green.

"Why the fuck are you assholes laughing at us?!" She roared.

Oh, fuck these dickheads were fucking everything up. They both instantly shut up.

"We weren't laughing at you. We were laughing at this love stuck shmuck right here." Mark pointed his thumb towards me.

"Then why were you staring at us?" She yelled a little quieter now.

"We were telling him that you'd never give him the time of day unless you were blind. It was a dumb joke not aimed at you at all. Solely aimed at the idiot over there who can't stop mooning over you." Matt now jumped in.

I now finally had the where with all to speak up for myself.

"Hey dickbags, I was trying to figure out how to talk to her without looking like an asshole. Thanks for the help." I said sarcastically at them before turning to her. "Hey I'm sorry they're assholes, but they definitely weren't making fun of you. Sorry about the trouble." And I turned and walked away.

It took everything I had not to turn back to see her reaction. Maybe I would get another chance to not look like and ditto but today was not that day. Before I knew it Mark and Matt had caught up with me and fallen into step.