Episode 27 "Bodies in the Book" Part 1

Start from the beginning

Zack then adds, "The first body in the book is tied to an anchor and dropped in the water at a marina." I nod also thinking of the same thing as Temp says, "I prefer not to jump to conclusions." Hodgin adds, "I don't think it requires a jump. Just a little hop. Little teeny..." "In this lab, we are concerned with science, not fiction." We all look at each other that says otherwise. 

Booth, Temp, Hodgins, and I are at Angie's office as she puts up the sketch on the screen. "This is a sketch based on tissue markers on the skull." Hodgin then says, "PCB's and lead we found in the collagen mean the victim's from the north end of the Chesapeake, probably outside Annapolis." "Did you have to whisper that in my ear?" "Just seemed right." Booth and I look at each other as he smirks and also whispers to them, "Okay, check the image against the DMV photos from Maryland." I chuckle as Angie does what he says. Booth and I move over as he calls Temp out, "Bones... How you holding up?" "What do you mean? Fine." "You know, something like this, it's understandable if you're upset." "It's probably a coincidence." I then add, "I was more upset then her. But I am all good now... for now." 

We then hear someone coming in as we see it was Sully, "Hey, how's it going?" Temp then asks, "What-what are you doing here?" Booth says, "Uh, yeah." Sully then says, "Well, I heard we had a copycat killer using your book as a- " Temp cuts him off, "That hasn't been established." Booth adds, "Yeah, I've got it covered here, Sully." "Well, two hands are better than one, Booth." Booth laughs, "Well, last time I looked, I have two hands, see? Thanks." I look between the two as Angie says, "testosterone spill on aisle four." I elbowed Temp to say something as she says, "We don't know that my book is the cause. So far what we do know is..." Sully finishes for her, "Someone died exactly the way described in your book. Do you keep any of your old fan mail?" "No. I don't read it." I then pipe in, "I do." They all looked at me, "What she is required to do it but doesn't, so I take it upon myself to read it and answer a few for her... and since I also help her on her books, I also needed to read my own... they sometimes get intense..." I shiver a bit thinking about it and say, "Even so everything is with her publicist." 

Booth then says, "Yeah, I mean, why are you asking, Sully? I'm in charge of this investigation." "Well, Booth, I was a profiler for two years. I have a lot of experience with these cases. This could be someone showing what a big fan he is, or someone trying to get close to them, too close." Temp then says, "We don't need to be protected." Both Booth and Sully answer at the same time, "Yes, you do."  Temp and I look at them kind of freaked out as I start pulling her back a bit as Sully looks back at Booth, "Look, you still call the shots. I just think I'd be an asset to the team." Temp and I look between them as Booth then says, "Okay, fine. We send all the fan mail to Sully in his office." Temp nods, "Fine. I'll call Ellen." I was about to remind them that I already read all the ones up until now as Booth covers my mouth as Sully then says, "We could be dealing with a real sicko here." Angie finally got a match as she says, "Jim Lopata. Not the sicko. The sicko's victim." We walk over to her computer as I say, "43, married, no kids. From Glen Burnie outside of Annapolis."

Temp and I were in the bone room with Zack as he asks, "Is the FBI aware of the situation?" Temp asks, "What do you mean? Booth and Sully are both working the case." I then say, "I think he means the other murders in the book." He nods and adds, "The marina victims is the first of three." "Let's... please concentrate on the remains, Zack." "It's just the last dump site are far less specific. How could the FBI prevent... " Booth then comes over to us, "Because we're the good guys, Zack. Don't you forget that, okay? Possible motive for Jim Lopata's murder..." He hands Temp the file as she looks at it, "Connie Lopata's medical records?" "Check out the ER visits." I look at them and read them out loud, "Broken rib, concussion, severe bruising. Someone was abusing her." Booth nods, "Her husband." Temp then says, "So the wife's brother Greg knew about it and killed the husband to protect is sister." "Made it look like a copycat to cover his tracks."