Episode 27 "Bodies in the Book" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Angie then says, "And if he does, he won't like you?" Angie and I give her a look as she then walks past us and says, "I've already given too much to him." She show us two different earrings, "It's... this one or this one?" We look between the two and point at the same one, "This one." "Okay. Most relationships end badly. I just think it's important to... to be reasonable. To stay in control." I then say, "If we were able to control things our way, dating wouldn't be so hard." Angie nods and adds, "Don't use your brain so much, honey. You have other organs that can give you far more pleasure." "I'm just saying that the odds are not in favor of lasting relationships." "Look, it might end with Sully, sure. But I don't think you want to rush the process. Look at Hodgins and I. We're running on sex and laughing. The only thought comes when we order takeout in bed." "And you're happy?" "Hey we did it in the storage locker an hour ago." I look at her, "What?! Angie..." She chuckles as she says, "I am thrilled." They both start laughing as I sigh.

Temp and I walk over to Cam's office as Temp then says to her, "Cam, I have a book signing tonight." "Oh, right." I then say, "I will be accompanying her, so I leave you in charge." "Goody me... You think that's safe?" Temp then says, "Well, there haven't been any threats on either of our lives yet." "No threats on these victims either." I then ask, "Is that the soft tissue sample from the second victim?" "Sadie Keller. Found something irregular. Oxygen saturation levels in the blood were extremely low. I think she might have been unconscious before she was killed." I nod, "That would explain the lack of struggle. But there was no skeletal evidence of head injury." "I know, my guess would be drug induced. I'm about to run a tox screen. Thing is, why would the killer render this victim unconscious?" Temp then says, "It doesn't follow. Serial killers are consistent."

Hodgins then comes in, "Wow! New dress code? 'Cause I didn't get the memo." I looked at him pale, "I would never do that Hodgins, if I can't bring myself to do that then I can't expect my employees to do the same." He chuckled, "Okay. The sand I collected from the first victim: it's from feldspathic rock." Temp asks, "But that's widely occurring, right?" "Right. Sixty percent of the Earth's crust is composed of feldspar." Cam then says, "So, this is no help to us." "Actually, it is. These particles are way too finely graduated to have occurred naturally. This is manufactured sand." 

I nod as Temp gets a call, "Hi, Booth." I pay attention to the case as Cam asks, "Can we trace manufacture?" "I've requested samples from every quarry that distributes to the D.C. area, see if that narrows it down." I nod as Temp finishes her call with Booth. I look at her as she gives me a nod as we were about to leave, Hodgin turns to us, "Hey, be careful tonight you two." Temp then says, "We are not going to the signing yet. Booth has a suspect." I nod as I wave them a bye.

We are at the FBI headquarters on the other side of the interview room with Booth and Sully. As Sully then says to me, "Serial killers like to show off. Boast about their crimes. You might  be able to get him to open up." Booth then looks at me, "But you don't have to talk to him if you don't want to." I nod, "It's all right Ranger, I think I got this." "Remember the code?" "Yes, bumblebee." he nods as I leave to the other room as they will watch us."

I enter the room with a smile as Oliver says, "Wow! It's like you dressed up just to see me again." "Sadly that is not the case Oliver." "But that's what it feels like. To me." "I must ask honestly Oliver, did you kill those people?" "I... can't answer that yet. I want to talk a while first. The dead bodies, is it true? Did they really get eaten? Like in the book?" "Yes, they did." "I knew it. Some of the sister Brennantites were skeptical that the deaths were realistic, but I told them." "May I ask, what are 'sister Brenanites'?" He nods, "Murder Mystery Chat Room members. See, all chat room members have to identify themselves with their favorite author. I'm a Sister Brennanite, of course, and there is a debate on which sister is better. I always go with you..." "Thank you?" "But there are also, uh, Patterstonians and Gratonadas." I nod, "Okay, I understand the concept of how it works, but what did you tell them?" "That you or your sister couldn't make those things up, Everything that your sister writes is based in facts; it could really happen."