35

...
LEO

the burning sensation of the alcohol made me slightly wince as i look out of my apartment balcony seeing the night lights from down below on the crowded streets.

it felt like time went slower than before ever since i laid foot into alexs' home a few hours ago. i didn't want to mention much to him nor have any contact but that didn't mean i couldn't wonder about gia.

if he had told her the truth, about mom, me, and even the accident. i tried so hard to fight for a bond with him but the incident replayed back and forth in my mind making me rage more with anger towards him than before.

i felt my jaw clenched as i lick my lips tasting the saltiness from the top. i've been unknowingly crying. letting the moon shine upon my tears i shut my eyes at the thought of my mother.

missing her touched and her sweet melody like voice was the worst. especially when she was basically the only thing i had other than my step father at that time.

as i lean my head back groaning a bit i let my ears close out the noise and rustling from the car honks and loudness from feet below.

FLASHBACK

JULY 22, 2013

feeling the hotness from the cement below the thin shoes i was wearing i tighten my grips amongst the heavy grocery bags filled with vegetables and meat for tonight's meal.

"alex hurry up this hurts man!" i shout towards him looking back to see him groaning with only one of the bags while i hold three. "yeah well take patience dude" rolling my eyes we kept walking letting the hot sun burn our backs and un-covered skin.

it had been almost half an hour since we had left the house for groceries mama had told us to get since our step-dad and her had to get the tables and what not ready.

looking to the side by a sudden screech i see many neighbors running past us and towards the area of our home. "cazzo [fuck] ALEX!" i tell looking at the caos as i throw the bags down and run soon hearing alex run behind me.

our house was currently in the midst of a huge fire as dark clouds of smoke roamed through the air and neighbors screaming while calling for help.

"MAMA!" i shout about to push everyone out of the way before feeling a hand push me out and onto the rocky ground.

alex runs inside making my hands move onto the ground for some support before hearing people cheer as i had seen him come out with our step-dad now next to him minutes after.

clothes torn up and marks on his hands and cheek.
i push myself up before running towards him feeling as if my heart would jump out of my body anytime soon.

"MAMA!? GET MAMA TOO!" i slap his back as he stared straight ahead blocking me out. "ALEX" i call out again only for his head to go down and walk towards our step-dad leaving the house to keep burning down each second passing by.

was he seriously going to let her die?

let her burn in there alone.

"pezzo di merda!" [piece of shit] i turn towards the front of the house before wincing and coughing at the sudden contact with the air and fire from the house making it impossible for me to get inside and save her.

i should've went in there for her. i should've done it myself. it should've been me.

"mama per favore" [please] i whisper going down to my knees as i slam my hand down onto the ground not caring if anyone saw.

she was gone.

PRESENT

at the sudden memories coming back i was now a crying mess now throwing the glass that was in my hands towards the side letting it shatter into pieces.

my hands soon lift up towards my face to cover it before sighing and looking up and back towards the moon. pretty and luminescent like.

just like her.

-

"what the fuck—" my back is being pushed towards the cold wall as i look up to see cleo with fire in her eyes.

i rub my eyes still being half asleep due to being interrupted as i look at her now directly onto her face. her chest raised up and down at an uneven speed as she grips onto the collar of my shirt and moves back away from me.

"morning?" she scoffs as i stand up still and fix down my now messy shirt. "what's your problem—" "you're my problem" she interrupts as her pointer finger pushes into my chest rather hard.

"you blocked gia and expect me to NOT come here for you!? you hurt her and that was the FIRST thing i told you to not fucking do." she spats out as my shoulders fall down and my heart drops.

gia.

"i just needed some time apart from her" she shakes her head not believing me. "and for that you decided to just block her. no explanation no visit." she was right.

after everything i could've went to her house and talked to her about it. about everything and how i needed some time apart to think. not just blocking her out of no where like an asshole.

she probably thinks i don't like her anymore.

i mutter a 'shit' as cleo rolls her eyes at me. "how is she?" she hums before dropping her purse down onto my kitchen table to face me once again.

"well let me put it this way.." she starts as i already know this will never finish. "if you were gia and your boyfriend blocks you out of nowhere, doesn't trust you with god knows what, argued with you as you try your best and seems like he doesn't care for you—"

she glared at me before stepping an inch closer towards my frame.

"would YOU be okay." would i be okay?

of course not and yet here i am doing it to gia. "now what the hell is going on." i bite the inner corner of my bottom lip before pulling a chair out for cleo to sit in. "it'll be a lot but hear me out.."

she sits down getting comfortable in the chair but not before she glares at me from head to toe.

"i'm all ears.."