17

...
GIA

"yea but it's not a big deal. i'm used to her attitudes and what not" i spoke sincerely as leo just nods still observing my every move.

the apartment got quite once again as i see from the corner of my eyes leo taking out some plates and some foggy like bowls from the fridge again.

"what's that?" i pull my attention now completely towards his as he moves to the side for me to have a better look. "just some Pesto alla Genovese. it's an italian dish i made a few days ago but didn't finish some prep for it."

he mentions with his accent more thick as he now opens up the bowls and grabs a knife to cut a small amount of basil he had picked from the fridge.

humming softly i try my best to peek more as i watched leo did what he had to do for the dish.

his humming was soft like a melody someone would hear with contemporary music as he focused on the food in-front of him. he looked at peace which made me grin a little.

i push back the seat i was sitting on as i walk towards him to see him glance at me with an eyebrow up in confusion. "what-" "let me help you" i cut him off as i look at him smiling.

the smell of the garlic coming from the dish and the basil hits my nostrils as he smiles back at me letting me feel cozy. "grab another knife then madam" he gestures to his knife set as i laugh shaking my head.

soon enough i went ahead and with leo's instructions i started to cut some ingredients before adding it to the food so we can warm it up afterwards.

his shoulder would touch mines ever so often sending shivers around my body as we kept being closer to each-other while talking to one another as if we were friends for decades.

small giggles and laughter would erupt, cutting the silence that was in his apartment as we talked more about what we liked about and more interesting stuff.

"yeah and i guess it just ended up like that" i spoke finishing off a small story i was telling leo as he nods taking in every word i had just said to him.

"oh and—" before i had the chance to turn around to face leo i wince soon dropping the knife that was in my hand as i grab onto my finger.

i had just cut myself...

"gia!" leo goes to me as he grabs my hand to see small drops of blood falling towards the palm of his hand as well onto the kitchen counter side.

"i-i'm so sorry i didn't mean to" i said feeling stinging tears brimming my eyes as i gulp down. the cut wasn't so deep but it was definitely a big one.

i hear him curse under his breath as he shakes his head. "it's fine gia. let's just head upstairs towards my bathroom i think i have a first aid up there" he offers as i nod not wanting to look away from his now bloody palm due to my blood.

i soon feel his hand trace down my back before walking me with him upstairs towards his bathroom.
suddenly he opens a door revealing a dark room before turning the lights on.

it wasn't his home studio... it was his room.

my eyes look around the cozy room taking in the surroundings. everything looks simple and minimalistic. everything had beige and black colors as a big bed faced the middle of the room.

before i had the chance to peep more i feel leo tug me a bit into his bedroom bathroom as i look to see it quite as big as his room.

everything was marble and white in here unlike his dark room. "here hold on real quick" "what-" i asked before getting cut off immediately as i feel leo grab my hips to place me now onto the sink counter.

the coldness caught me off guard as i jumped a bit before looking towards leo to see him kneeled down, opening a drawer and going back up towards my face with a small first aid in his hands.

"you don't have too-" he shushes me up as he gently takes my bleeding finger before opening up the kit and grabbing some cotton swabs and alcohol.

"i'm going to have to clean this up so if it stings really badly just grab onto my bicep or shoulder" he whispers to me while staring deeply into my eyes as i just look at him not breaking the eye contact till he does.

soon enough leo takes the swab with alcohol and runs it around and over slightly on the cut as i hiss at the stinging pain.

"......just grab onto my bicep or shoulder"

i remember the last few words he had said to me before i lift my hand up and place it over his bicep letting my nails dig into his skin while he kept cleaning my cut.

after that he throws the swab away into the trash bin near us as he grabs a cotton pad and small wrap before placing the pad over my cleaned cut and adding the wrap around it. making sure it was tight.

"i'm done" i move my hand away from his bicep as he moves away a bit making me now stare at him.

"leo.... your bicep"