Wild and free

Elena's: POV

-A week later-

Papa and I did a road trip together. He was driving his blue truck and we listened to Summertime sadness by Lana Del Rey. One of my favorite singers.

"I hope I get the chance to see Lana live someday

"I hope I get the chance to see Lana live someday." I said. "I hope so too." replied Jack. "Can we go and see her together?" I asked. "Of course we can." he said. I hugged him and smiled. "I love you papa." I replied. "I love you too and we'll always be a family." he said.

"But what if I die and you're still here." I replied sadly. "Then I will remember a girl who had a heart of gold and a happy smile on her face." he said. "It feels like I'm going to lose you." I replied. "I won't leave you for a long time, we'll always be together." said Jack. "Do you promise?" I asked. "On my honor." he said.

***

We drove to a beach and had picnic. We sang Butterfly fly away by Miley Cyrus.

You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that
Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere. You were always there when I looked back

You had to do it all alone make a living, make a home. Must have been as hard as it could been. And when I couldn't sleep at night scared things wouldn't turn out right. You would hold my hand and sing to me.

Caterpillar in the tree, how you wonder who you'll be. Can't go far, but you can always dream. Wish you may, and wish you might. Don't you worry, hold on tight. I promise you there will come a day, butterfly fly away.

I love the father and daughter bond

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~