18: White and Red

"My god... how have you grown" Chuckling rather motherly, Tachee's footsteps approached the cowering girl at the corner of the dimly lit room. Shivering, immediately, Hani's body responded to the presence of the woman. "To think I desire eternity... and yet, the realization that time would only leap faster through my eyes, shaken me. Threatens my desire. How come in so little time, have you blossomed into this"

Hani's eyes were rooted on the woman's red shoes; carefully polished that glowed and sparkled even under the pressure of the darkness in the room. Gently, they treated the oak old floor beneath her; causing it to silently moan in pleasure. The Luna could not shake the feeling of familiarity that pooled in her mind as she glanced at the invisible footsteps of that woman that gradually approached her.

"My, my, my..." The footsteps came to a halt. Hani could sense Tachee's presence only a few steps away from her. "He really has no sense in his head. A flower showered in darkness withers, its petals fall, the color fades."

Abruptly, to Hani's right, a spark ignited. Strong, vivid and bright. Bursting through the darkness with such fury, ripping and shredding the girl's vision – blinding her momentarily. Once more, the woman chuckled. She faced the fire and carefully, like snow that drops onto the grass, she sat elegantly, and yet, threateningly gentle in front of the flame.

"Much better isn't it, so?"

The Luna didn't reply. Like a prey searching for an escape route, Hani trailed the woman's dark cloak up and down. Anxiously, her hands wavered; and yet, they could not contain their panic, as Hani grasped it, smoothed it. In a vain attempt to shield the growing bump, that with each day became more visible, from dangerous eyes.

"I bet you're cold." Nonchalantly, Tachee spoke. "Will you not come closer to the fire? Has the light started to bother you, my dear?"

"It does not." Very softly Hani replied, still struggling with regaining her voice; with saving it from the chains of her own incapacity. "I need time to grow fond of it, to get used to its light."

"It is fair." Amused, the woman's head slightly turned to side. Still, Hani couldn't see her face, not even have a slight glimpse of the woman's features. "Shall we talk, then? To make you fonder of me? Perhaps, reminiscing? Memories always make hearts desire connection..."

"What memories could you and I have in common?" Boldly, Hani replied, slightly curious with the strange woman's remark. "It seems your life has been much different than me."

"Different, yes. Starkly."

Lightly the woman chuckled and then, as if, suddenly, the light in the room had been switched, the flames burst vividly. The reddish light painted the walls of the makeshift cell Hani was imprisoned in. The room's temperature raised drastically; quickly, Hani's skin replied in agony. Fat beads of sweat formed on her skin; painfully, they rolled down her body, dragging their feet down and down.

Hani's voice had not given signs of discontent; only the girl's eyes lingered, as she watch her body melt, in a somewhat, sinister way. Yet, to her surprise, when her eyes lifted to glance back at the woman; she already stared heavily at her, resting her deep dark coloured eyes upon her figure. They stared at her never-endingly. Her side profile was beautiful, it glowed strongly and vibrantly; the details became even more mesmerizing under the ravenous flame. Then, as their eyes crossed, the woman's lips terrifyingly turned upwards; revealing a grin that could not be human, that deadly contrasted with the woman's beauty. It was difficult to identify which was more natural to her: the beauty or the terror.

Gently, the woman's fingers twitched against the oak floor. On cue, Hani's body leapt backwards.

"And once more, the snow melts under the fire." In a sing song manner, the woman said. "Blending white and red. Blood and Innocence. Life and Death."