07: Lurking

"You're not going, Hani" Sternly, The Alpha stated as he finished his breakfast. Sitting in front of him, Hani was upset; her arms were crossed over the bump and she glanced at the Alpha intimidatingly from her place. "It's final."

"I have to see it for myself" The girl replied back determinately; Jungkook threw her a scolding glare, obviously, displeased with her decision. "How will you even be able to recognize it, if you weren't the one who saw it?"

"I still remember the description. I'll know once I find it"

"Jungkoo-"

"No. No" Harshly, Jungkook got up from the table; violently, he swayed his head side to side in reprimand. "I'm not putting you any risky situation. Especially, when you're pregnant"

"It won't be a risky situation because not only will you be there but also a patrol group." Sighing, Jungkook turned around; he muttered something to himself as he placed the silverware on the sink. "We can't even be certain that thing is still there. I promise that at the slightest sense of danger, I'm walking back home."

"You will not be walking back home" Abruptly, he faced her; his eyebrows were scrunched together and intimidatingly, he pointed his finger at her. "I'll order the men to make sure that you arrive home safe."

"So, I can go?"

"Don't ask or I'll change my mind"

That's how that morning started for Jungkook and Hani. The night before, Jungkook had alerted to everyone in the pack that the normal patrol route would be changed. Instead of making their way towards the walls of Ulric's pack, the days that would follow would be spent exploring the area above the cave. And so, every one willing to help, despite those who already belonged to the patrol until, should gather at the entrance of the cave once morning came.

Hani was aware that Jungkook had been postponing the exploration of that suspicious cabin for a while now. His focus was on stealing as much territory as possible from Ulric; he wanted to trap the wolf in its own walls, turn into a grave what once had been a fortress. Additionally, Jungkook found it hard to label as a threat whatever Hani had seen on that day. With time, even the fear that had arose in her due to that strange encounter, had somehow faded into a lingering, despite small, wariness.

This all explained why such calm and relaxation hovered Jungkook's head as he decided the plan for that day. The patrols were rather surprised to see the Luna standing by The Alpha's side, marching somewhat eagerly towards the crowd. Taehyung scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and Namjoon threw at the Alpha an inquisitive glance. Still, their curiosity was still mild and upon hearing Jungkook's command, the feeling bubbled feverishly in their stomachs. The Alpha had divided the patrol in 3 groups: one heading west, another one east and the last one north. Jungkook and Hani would be leading the northern one, Taehyung and Namjoon the other remaining two. However, Jungkook's and Hani's group was the biggest, unlike what usually occurred. In fact, The Alpha had grown picky over who or who not he chose to be part of his group. Most of the times, he picked three or four people and that was it. Odd enough, that day most of the men were with him. Hani eyed the men that surrounded her attentively and Jungkook's glance briefly clashed with Namjoon's, but quickly, he avoided the silent questions his friend threw at him.

The path that they were bond to take required them to climb the rocky surface that sheltered the cave. The men exchanged confused glances as Jungkook ordered both Namjoon and Taehyung to climb first. Once on top, gently, Jungkook picked Hani up and sternly, guided his two friends in helping the girl reach the top. Feverishly, the girl's cheeks burned; embarrassment painted her as she drowned in the inquisitive, weird, confused and curious glances that the men eyed her with. The Alpha, however, paid no mind to them. With a nod of his head, he motioned for the groups to disperse; with his head held high, he grabbed Hani by the hand and started walking with her down the path.