02: Signs

The sound of hurried and, yet, exhausted footsteps caused the ground to shake as Hoseok, at the top of his lungs, shouted at the men to be faster, bolder and harsher with their blows. As their continued with their normal activities, the people of the pack glanced curiously at the commotion caused by Hoseok and his training; they ushered at one another comments and praises, and attempted to find relatives or people that they knew in the midst of the confusion. The True Alpha was sitting on a log super visioning the whole situation attentively and sharply. Every day Jungkook would gather some free time off his schedule so that he could personally, observe the training grounds and Hoseok's recruits.

It appeared to be another common non-eventful day at the pack; however, as Hani and Lily walked by, their ears and eyes took sight of an outburst of anger coming from one of the recruits. Aggressively, the young boy pushed his partner aside and marching furiously he approached Hoseok.

"I won't be taking part in these exercises anymore" Bitterly, he stated; piercing his angry eyes on Hoseok's. "You can tell that to your Alpha"

"The Alpha is right here" Slowly, Jungkook got up from his seat and, with his hands stuffed on the pockets of his jeans, he amusedly trailed towards the boy. At the sound of the True Alpha's voice, those who were near the sight all stopped to watch the situation unfold. Jungkook's footsteps echoed in the cave that had grew silent due to the boy's outburst. "If you wish to tell me something, you can tell it to my face, can you not?"

"Sure as hell, I can" In between gritted teeth, the boy assured and bravely, he marched towards The Alpha until their chests were only a few inches apart. "We have been doing the same exercise for more than a week, now. And despite how much effort I put into it, I keep on being scolded and shouted at as if I have no f*cking clue in what I am doing. Which, in fact, I know. I shouldn't even be treated like this, for I am unlike these others who I'm being partnered up with and stand no chance against me. I am an Alpha! I have my own pack! I will not be submitted to this kind of treatment just because my f*cking grandfather made a vow once."

"If you keep on being scolded, then it's because you're lacking. Don't blame your incapacities and flaws on those who are trying to make you stronger. You look ridiculous" The Alpha's tone was harsh and, clearly, the boy's accusation and attitude had somehow triggered an invisible switch in him that awakened his wrath. "As for your... rank, I couldn't care the f*cking less which one is it. You fight against who you're partnered up with. Your rank and your position do not define your strength."

"It doesn't, you say?" Chuckling ironically, the boy bumped his chest against The Alpha challenging him; Jungkook didn't move. "Then how come, I don't see you practicing alongside everyone else? Do you perhaps see yourself as better than us?"

"It's not a matter of being better." Sharply, Jungkook replied and then, his eyebrows raised in amusement, he poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and euphorically, a burst of laughter ripped through his lips. Daringly, he leaned his head to the side and smugly, he smiled at the boy before saying. "I'm simply no match for you or for anyone. So, if you treasure your limbs, you'll be glad you won't have to fight me."

"Is that all confidence or fear peeking from your mouth, uh? For an Alpha that is so brave and strong, you're really full of sh*t" Laughing, the boy continued on challenging The Alpha and Jungkook's face started to harden with rage. "If you would ask me, I think that tale and all those things people say about you are nothing more than blatant lies. Ever since I've arrived, I've seen you not even once fighting."

"If you think you're strong enough..." Licking his lips, The True Alpha approached him; his body buzzed and vibrated with adrenaline at the excitement of a new battle brewing. "I'll prove it to you"