𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘖𝘷𝘦𝘳

Monday 12:58 AM

Minju's P.O.V
Sighing, I read the news articles that are erupting and the many DMs I'm getting from unknown people;asking if I'm okay.

It's kind of annoying but I started this on my own so I might as well put up with it. All of a sudden, I receive a call, Ji Woo's number is displayed on my phone screen and so I swiftly answer her call.

"Hey, what's up" I smile, now happy to take my mind off of the situation. "Minju, I'm just wondering, why do you hate Yeji?" The question wipes the grin off my face whilst I consider hanging up.

"I don't feel like answering" I reply sternly, "Could you at least leave her and her father's business alone, you do know that this scandal will give you some backlash as well, even if Yeji seems to be the villain" Clenching my jaw, I snatch my phone away from my ear, ready to hang up. However, my thumb accidentally presses the speaker button and now I hear Ji Woo's voice again.

Rage fills up inside of me and I really just want to throw away my phone and forget about everything.

"Minju, listen, Yeji will leave you alone, you won't have to worry, okay?" Biting my lip, I almost start listening, "Weren't you the one complaining about her more than me, why are you taking her side now? please say such bull shit else where" I swear through the phone before finally hanging up.

Although, the moment I finished hanging up, I ran my fingers through my hair as I grabbed my computer from my night stand. Going on Twitter, I deleted my statement and went on other social media platforms, pressing the delete button over and over again.

I don't know why I was doing this, I think the pressure from everyone asking me to fix it all is coming to me. I was feeling overwhelmed and nauseous about the whole situation, I didn't want to have this back fire on me.

Now pressing my thumb against my mouth, I began writing an apology.

Not to Yeji but to the company, however I didn't admit that I made it up, all I did was pretend I was mistaken.

Clicking post, I watch as the statement easily got a few likes.

Soon a few likes turned into multiple likes, dozens of likes, hundreds, thousands, millions, and more.

People were backing me up.

And hating me.

People said that this mistake didn't change the fact that I basically ruined their reputation.

Some said that mistakes happen all the time and since I was highly privileged in this society, than punishment didn't exist in my book.

Now my fingers were quickly typing a text sent to Hyunjin.

'I did it, I deleted the statement, I fixed everything, will you meet up with me?'

***

"I'm glad you did it" Hyunjin says as I give him a small smile.

Silence takes over our conversation and I almost end our meet and leave but I couldn't be a coward now. I've always been the one to walk away first and that usually gets me nowhere, I have to step up, Hyunjin goes through lengths for me and I've been lately going through nothing for him. I wonder if he meant what he said the other day, about him regretting putting a ring on my finger.