𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝙸'𝚖 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎...

Parents have multiple reasons why they have kids.

The most common reason is I've always wanted a family or I love kids

Well...

My parents are definitely different.

I don't have much of a social life, my life revolved around studies, school, and more school. I had tutoring sessions whenever I got a grade lower then an A- I wasn't allowed to hang out with friends after school. I did go play at a near by park but that all changed when I turned 12, I didn't have much time to go out and play anymore, my life was so busy and when I did have time, I was too tired to move.

My mom treated me with love but was still strict with my studies, my dad was the biggest enemy to me. The conversations I always had with my dad were about school and if that wasn't the case then he'd be scolding me for something minimal I did. I've also always been a good kid so for the longest time I didn't understand why they treated me so differently than other parents.

Anyway, I found out at the age of 17...

Yeji's P.O.V

Placing the pencil on the blank paper, I started writing equations down, Sighing I continued on looking from my paper to the textbook beside me. All the instructions were being read but I didn't really take the words into account, I was already so smart why'd I have to do extra questions like this. High school is already a pain as a loner and now I have to do extra math questions. Frustratingly, I dropped my pencil whilst I hung my head back in exhaustion but as I was going to rest I heard humming and a pair of shuffling feet heading to my room, quickly I jolt back up and feel the familiar feeling of the pencil between my fingers.

The door knob to my room slowly opened, I pretended not to notice my mother slowly creeping in my room. "I got you some cinnamon rolls" My mother exclaimed happily, I gave her a weak smile. "Oh no no no, why are you so grumpy" said my mother as she took a look at the bags under my eyes, "You know exactly why" I coldly replied as I dropped my 'Im ok' act. She raises an eyebrow and now I know I angered her, "Fine, continue working" My mother sneered before leaving the cinnamon rolls and then turning to the door.

After she left, I rapidly refocus on my studies, The faster I work the more freedom I'll have later I thought determined to finish these math questions.

30 Mins Later

Jumping on my bed, I gladly finished my homework assigned by my father, taking my phone. I contact the only number that isn't my mom's or dad's, it rang for a few mins before she finally picked up. "Lia, I'm so glad you picked up, my day is shitty as always" I groaned, "I feel bad for you" Lia whined as if she were in my position. "Oh unnie, have you found a university you'd like to go to" Lia questioned excitedly, "I've been looking at a few, like Hanlim Multi Arts university" I murmured with boredom in my tone of voice. "Lucky you, I've been thinking of going to Canada to pursue my dreams of being a singer" Lia exclaimed, "That's nice but um what about me" I complained whilst I rolled around my bed.

"Don't be a baby, I'll obviously call you" Lia uttered through the phone, Thats Lia, she's my only friend and my best friend. I met her in middle school and she'd always been bullied and teased for having multiple parent figures. Lia's parents divorced and now she has a father, a stepfather, a mother, and a stepmother but Lia didn't have a bad relationship with either one of them. I was bullied for being very distant and being the quiet kid, students just bothered me for no reason.